Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Basic Sourdough Bread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Basic Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Pick water over other refreshments. Soda and coffee, when used in moderation, aren’t that bad. Using them for your lone source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water intake.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to basic sourdough bread recipe. You can cook basic sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Basic Sourdough Bread:
- Get 500 g of bread flour.
- Get 5 g of salt.
- Take 50 g of active starter.
- You need 350 g of warm water.
Steps to make Basic Sourdough Bread:
- Taking 30g starter from the fridge, let it in room temperature. Add 30g warm water + 30g bread flour. Stir it well and let it rise double in size. When you see alot of bubbles, it’s done. It took me 3 hours in the summer. This is active starter. (50g)..
- In a mixing bowl, mix warm water with active starter. Add flour and salt. Mix it all together loosely, so that it’s pretty ragged but all the flour and water is mixed. Cover and autolyse 1h..
- Stretch and fold the dough and bring it into a smooth ball of dough. Literally pick up a handful of dough from one side of the bowl, lift it, stretch and fold it over the rest of the dough to the other side of the bowl; you don’t need to pull it tight. Then turn the bowl and repeat the process, do it about 15-20times maximum, until its a smooth ball. Cover the bowl again and leave it out on the kitchen counter; perform the lifting and folding actions 2 to 4 times after resting 30 minutes..
- Recover the bowl, and leave it on the counter overnight if in the winter. It took me 6hr in the summer to see it 2.5 bigger in size..
- Get your banneton out and liberally flour it with rice flour. It needs to be really well floured, all the way up the sides, so that the dough doesn’t stick. Turn down the dough on to the light floured surface and divide in 2 small loaves. Round 2 balls of dough and rest 10’. Covered. Tighten and shape the dough. Place them in banenton..
- Cover it again with a plastic bag/shower cap, and put it in the fridge for minimum 1 hour, maximum up to 3 hours. I put it in the kitchen counter (double in size after 45 minutes).
- After this time, preheat the oven to 250oC. No need to heat Dutch oven. Once the oven is up to temperature, line the Dutch oven with a sheet of parchment baking paper. Place the tin over the top of the banneton, then invert it/turn it all over together to turn the dough into the pot. Slash the top of the dough with a a clean razor blade, put the lid on and bake it for 40’. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes..
- When done, remove the whole pans from the oven, carefully take the loaves from the pan. Leave the loaves on a rack to cool..
- Wait AT LEAST an hour before you slice into it. If you cut into the loaf too soon, steam will fill all of those carefully crafted holes and make the bread gummy..
If you find this Basic Sourdough Bread recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.