Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Dollars.
Until fairly recently any individual who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all comprehend our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are unable to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of electricity is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with types from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. Always keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Another way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, because the motor won’t have to go as often.
The kitchen by itself offers you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. Mostly, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough bread (100% white,15% spelt, roast garlic & rosemary) recipe. You can have sourdough bread (100% white,15% spelt, roast garlic & rosemary) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary):
- Take of The Levain.
- Take 75 g of Sourdough starter.
- Provide 75 g of Bread flour for levain.
- Provide 75 g of Water (tepid).
- Use of The Bread.
- Use 120 g of Levain starter.
- Provide 650 g of White bread flour.
- Get 100 g of Other flour (Spelt, Rye, Grain, Wholemeal, more White for 100%).
- You need 10-12 g of Sea salt.
- Use 525 ml of (70%) Water (tepid).
- Get of Rice, Spelt or Semolina flour for dusting.
Instructions to make Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary):
- Day 1 – Morning, take starter out of fridge and feed (50ml plain flour, 50ml water), repeat 5-6 hours later. Another 5-6 hours later make the levain for your bread by mixing together 75g bread flour, 75g water and 75g sourdough starter – leave out over night (10-12hrs), covered but with air hole(s)..
- Day 2 – Morning, when the Levain is almost ready, mix all of your flour with your water thoroughly & leave (covered) for 30 mins (this strengthens the gluten). When done Pinch & knead in the salt & 120g of your bread levain (the rest is for the bin). Scrunch together to mix fully then leave (covered) for 45 mins..
- If you want to add flavour do it at this stage 20 mins before stretch and fold. I've added roasted garlic and rosemary to this one below..
- Day 2 – at least 5 sets (1 set = 4 folds) of stretch & folds over minimum 1.5 hours (every 20 mins). After the last, cover and leave for 1.5 hours (the warmer the better)..
- Next, weigh & cut the dough into 2 pieces ready to shape before bulk fermentation. When shaping, use a dough scraper to pull tight and create tension (watch you tube videos for better understanding)..
- Once shaped, sprinkle plenty of dusting flour on top so it doesn't stick, flip over with scraper and put carefully into your banneton or bowl. Make sure well stitched at the top, sprinkle more dusting flour, leave out for 30-45 mins then cover & put into the fridge for 10-12 hours. Or leave out for 4-5 hrs more and bake that night..
- Day 3 – Take out of fridge whilst Oven is heating to 240'. Get your dutch ovens ready (no knead to heat), put a length of baking paper over bread & flip out carefully into dutch oven so baking paper is on the bottom (prevents burnage). When oven is ready, score your bread for a better rise..
- Day 3 – Bake in middle or low oven at 225' with lid on for 45 mins then remove lid and turn down to 200 for a further 10 mins. If baking without a dutch oven, add a dish of water to the oven and bake for 45 min straight at 225'..
- Leave to cool FULLY before cutting. Overnight uncovered I find the best. Wrap and cover in morning to last all week..
My recipe for a healthy and delicious spelt sourdough bread. Only lightly dust the bannetons with white rice flour, just enough so the dough easily removes from them but no more. Not only is spelt incredible in sourdough bread I'm discovering a myriad of creative ways to use it in my kitchen… The road to sourdough bread will be filled with a bit of uncertainty: everything from ambient temperature to the quality of flours to the strength of Rye flour will add a little more earthy acidity to the mix and will result in a looser dough that won't hold shape as well. Spelt flour will add mild sweet. Soft, sweet, and caramelized to perfection, roasted garlic adds a beautiful depth of flavor that gets intensified with hints of fresh rosemary in this homemade sourdough bread recipe.
If you find this Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.