Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sourdough bread recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Can save you Money.
Remember when the only individuals who cared about the environment were tree huggers and hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. According to the industry experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. These types of modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
A lot of electricity is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you’re in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with types from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electrical power. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to work less frequently, will also save electricity.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. It’s about being functional, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sourdough bread recipe. To make sourdough bread you need 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sourdough bread:
- Provide of Sourdough Starter.
- Get 200 gr of rye flour.
- Provide 200 ml of water.
- Prepare of Dough:.
- Use 130 gr of whole wheat flour.
- Use 170 gr of white wheat flour (strong bread flour).
- Provide 120 gr of water.
- Provide 10 gr of Salt.
Instructions to make Sourdough bread:
- Prepare the sourdough starter if you don't have yet. Mix the rye flour and water. Let it stand minimum 12 hours, the longer and more feedings will be better. Please refer to my sourdough starter recipe.
- After 12 hours. Mix the 400 gr sourdough starter, flour and water. Mix it until incorporated..
- Let it autolyse or rest for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and fold the bread 4 times so the salt get into the dough. You may sprinkle water too..
- Knead the dough for 8 – 10 minutes until it is smooth. (optional method: stretch and fold the dough method for 2 hours- every half and hour stretch the dough and bring back the dough into the middle and let it rest).
- Prepare the bannetone or bowl lined with kitchen towel and dust the bowl generously. So the dough will not stick on the bannetone..
- Shape the dough into the ball shape, dust some flour on the top of dough and place it upside down into the bannentone..
- Cover the bannetone with plastic bag or plastic wrap or shower cap if any..
- Let it proof/ rest for minimum 4 hours in room temperature or 2 hours in fridge and 2 hours in room temperature or overnight in the fridge.
- Check the dough by poke it. If the poke stay longer in the dough /not so quick spring back, it means the dough is ready to be baked..
- Pre-heat your oven to 235 C and prepare a pan of hot water and place it at the bottom of oven to create steam..
- Take out the hot baking tray. Place your dough on top of the baking tray. Be careful, it is very hot. Score the dough with sharp thin knife or razor blade..
- Place back the baking tray into oven and bake it for 35 to 45 minutes until it is well done. After 10 minutes of baking, you may remove out the pan of hot water.t.
- After 35 minutes baking, check the bread. If you like a bit darker crust, bake it again..
- Remove it out and let it rest for 15 minutes and listen to the crust sound of the bread and smells good. After 15 minutes, you may slice the bread..
Sourdough bread has a thick, chewy crust and soft, airy interior. It is comforting, savory and so easy to make using only using flour, salt, and water. Learn how to make your own starter, maintain it, and turn. Learn to make Sourdough & discover why sourdough is the healthiest bread. It is #sourdoughseptember and time to celebrate the harvest and baking for the year to.
If you find this Sourdough bread recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.