Swedish meat balls. Made from a mixture of beef and pork, flavored with nutmeg and cardamom and served with a tasty Swedish Meatball sauce. Swedish Meatballs Recipe — Beef & Pork Meatballs with Creamy Brown Gravy. I Make Swedish Bread And Fail Completely.
These heavenly Swedish Meatballs are the homemade version of the iconic Ikea meatballs. They're a whole lot easier than assembling flat-pack furniture, that's for sure!!! Swedish meatballs, or köttbullar, must be prepared, above all, with love. You can have Swedish meat balls using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Swedish meat balls
- You need of Meatball ingredients.
- It’s 1/2 of kilo ground beef.
- You need 1 of diced onion.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of 7 spices powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 3 tbsp of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Sauce ingredients.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour 2 cups beef /chicken broth (natural or 3 maagi cubes in 2 cups of boiled water).
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cooking cream.
- It’s 1 cup of whole Milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce (see below recipe if not available).
Some people feel that their meatballs should be served with thick brown gravy, while others prefer it. Are Swedish Meatballs an appetizer or main course? These Swedish Meatballs are cooked to perfection and coated in a thick and creamy pan gravy that may just cause a. Swedish Meatballs Served Up: At Home.
Swedish meat balls instructions
- U’ll mix all meatball ingredients together and make it medium to small sized balls, put in the air fryer or on a pan over medium heat with 1 tbsp butter and turn on all sides till fully cooked (5-7 mins on each side).
- The sauce: Same pan, medium-low heat. Melt butter and whisk in flour until it has turned golden brown. Slowly whisk in beef broth and cook until thickened, then add in milk, cream, worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and all powders and mustard. Continue to stir until well-combined. Add meatballs back into the skillet, turning occasionally to coat well..
- Serve hot with white rice.
- Incase Worcestershire sauce isn’t available, you could do it as below and store the rest for later use :).
- 1/2 cup apple vinegar 2 tbsp soya sauce (low sodium preferably) 2 tbsp water 1 tbsp brown sugar 1/4 tsp ground ginger 1/4 tsp mustard seeds (or 1/8 dijon mustard) 1/4 tsp onion powder 1/4 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp cinnamon powder 1/8 tsp black pepper Put all above ingredients in a pan and stir well till boiling with continuous stirring. Take off the heat as soon it boils and set aside to cool completely before using.
Swedish meatballs are everyone's favorite IKEA menu item, and our recipe recreates that deliciousness at home—classed up. Swedish Meatballs just like the ones at Ikea! Complete with creamy Swedish meatball sauce, you'll LOVE this easy meatball recipe for a quick weeknight meal. These Swedish meatballs are so tender and flavorful and much lighter than traditional recipes. The creamy sauce really makes the dish.