Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared obligation we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are unable to transform things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These types of modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
A large amount of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers and also refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. You can easily reduce how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. Largely, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to the not your ordinary skunkmonkey fruitcake recipe. You can cook the not your ordinary skunkmonkey fruitcake using 42 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake:
- Use of the cake.
- Use 2 cup of light syrup.
- Provide 1 lb of raisins.
- Provide 2 lb of golden raisins.
- Take 2 1/2 lb of whole pitted dates.
- Prepare 2 lb of candied citron.
- Take 1 lb of candied pineapple.
- You need 1/4 lb of candied orange peel.
- Get 1/4 lb of candied lemon peels.
- Take 1/2 lb of candied cherries.
- Use 1/2 lb of blanched almonds.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of allpurpose flour.
- Take 2 tsp of soda.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cloves ground.
- Use 1 tsp of allspice.
- Get 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of mace.
- You need 1/2 lb of butter.
- Provide 1/2 lb of brown sugar.
- Get 1 cup of plus 2 tablespoon dark brown sugar packed.
- You need 4 of large eggs.
- Get 1 cup of currant jelly.
- Get 1 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1 lb of craisins.
- Get 1 lb of dried blue berries.
- Use 1 lb of pecans.
- Use 1 lb of hazelnuts chopped.
- You need 1 lb of cashew nuts chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 lb of macadamia nuts chopped.
- Provide 1/2 lb of black English walnuts.
- You need 3/4 lb of Brazilian nuts.
- Get 1 lb of coconut flakes.
- Prepare of glaze.
- Get 1 cup of apple juice or cider.
- Take 1/2 cup of wine fruit base apple peach or grape.
- Use 3/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- Get 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Get 1/4 cup of apple juice or cider.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Use 3 1/2 cup of apple juice or apple cider or apple wine.
Steps to make The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- Beat the eggs well. then mix all the ingredients. this gonna make a lot of cakes. I love to give them away..
- Take the pans, (use deep one like bundt pans loaf pans and so on), grease the pans with butter or non-stick spray. Then line with parchment paper. I used to use brown bags to line. Either one will work. Then fill pans up almost to top of each pan. bake until done let cool. Then put into fridge it cuts better cooled. I usually give some away or freeze till I eat.
- In a pot boil apple juice or cider. Add dark brown sugar. add wine boil 5 minutes. add cinnamon. mix cornstarch and apple juice or cider. add to boiling glaze to thicken. When done pour over the fruit cake. it will harden a bit let it cool. wrap cake and do as you like..
- This makes 8 good sized cakes.
The only time we ever got this cake was at Christmas time. We would pick the pecans from the trees and then shell them & save them for mama to make this cake and Pecan Pies for the Christmas Holiday. See more ideas about Fruitcake recipes, Fruit cake, Fruit cake christmas. Its the size of a water melon. here in Florida a place called Paradise Fruit Company sells it also at local super markets. #mycookbook Best Seller. The ultra-rich Trappist Abbey Monastery Fruitcake is not your ordinary fruitcake.
If you find this The Not Your Ordinary Skunkmonkey Fruitcake recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.