Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and use what you have on hand. Fill your cupboards with wholesome foods. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe. To make potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter you only need 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter:
- You need of Starter feeding:.
- Take 50 gr of cold starter from fridge.
- Provide 50 gr of all purpose flour.
- You need 25 gr of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 50 ml of water.
- Prepare of Dough ingredients:.
- Get 100 gr of all purpose flour.
- Take 50 gr of whole wheat flour.
- Get 75 ml of water.
- Get 1 tsp of salt – given after autolyse.
- Provide 1 tsp of oil (olive oil / vegetable oil) – given after autolyse.
- Prepare of Potatoes Stuffing:.
- Take 200 gr of boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of cumin powder (optional).
- Prepare 1 pcs of chili.
- Prepare 15 gr of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of water.
Steps to make Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter:
- Mix the starter feeding ingredients in a bowl and let it be in room temperature for 2-3 hours. It will be double in volume. The starter is happy for you to use them..
- When the starter is double in volume, mix it all togehter with 150 gr mixed flour and 75 ml water. Mix them well and form it as a ball of dough. It will be sticky and let it be sticky. Cover the bowl with towel. Keep it in room temperature for 30-40 minutes (Autolyse phase).
- After 30-40 minutes, Give 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil to the dough. Mix them well by folding the dough. Form a dough. Let it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Cover the bowl with wet towel. Place the bowl in the fridge for overnight cold fermentation..
- Bring it out to the counter top when you are ready to bake. Punch down the dough. On lightly flour dusted counter, divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape it as ball. Let it do bench rest while preparing the potatoes..
- Prepare the potatoes for the stuffing: In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and add the chopped onion, chili. Stir it for 1 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes, spices (salt, chili powder, coriander & cumin powder). Mix them well. Add some water and cook it until it is homogenised with the spices and the water is dried out. Transfer it out to the plate. Let it cool down for 5 minutes..
- Take one piece of the dough, roll it flat (not too thin – 1 cm thickness). If the dough is very sticky, sprinkle flour on surface of the dough and the counter top/table..
- Take one tablespoon of the mashed potatoes. Place it in the middle and cover it with the dough. Pinch it in the middle. Form a flat ball. Roll it flat with rolling pin. Do not press it too hard, it will cause the dough broken/ form a hole. Use your gently feeling and roll it flat..
- Heat your non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Place the flat stuffed dough on the pan. Bake it with medium heat on both side for 1-2 minutes. It will puff and push out some steams. It was awesome to see it puffed. To make it crispy, add another teaspoon cooking oil on other side of the bread while baking it..
- Transfer it out to the plate and continue to bake another paratha..
- Serve it with any condiments such as chutney / yogurt..
Looking at different websites I found sourdough starters using potatoes instead of wheat or rye. They all used cooked mashed potatoes. I still have some self-made wheat sourdough starter at home. So I could mix a bit of that with my grated potatoes. How to Make Potato Flake Sourdough Starter and Bread Recipe.
If you find this Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.