Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who indicated concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having difficulties, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These types of modifications need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
While it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is actually greater by 75%, and perhaps this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, however that is definitely not true. Particularly if you make certain the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, utilize the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not really that difficult. A lot of it is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe. To make potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter you need 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter:
- Prepare of Starter feeding:.
- Take 50 gr of cold starter from fridge.
- Prepare 50 gr of all purpose flour.
- Take 25 gr of whole wheat flour.
- Take 50 ml of water.
- Use of Dough ingredients:.
- You need 100 gr of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 50 gr of whole wheat flour.
- Use 75 ml of water.
- Take 1 tsp of salt – given after autolyse.
- Get 1 tsp of oil (olive oil / vegetable oil) – given after autolyse.
- You need of Potatoes Stuffing:.
- Take 200 gr of boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cumin powder (optional).
- Take 1 pcs of chili.
- Get 15 gr of chopped onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1 tbsp of water.
Steps to make Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter:
- Mix the starter feeding ingredients in a bowl and let it be in room temperature for 2-3 hours. It will be double in volume. The starter is happy for you to use them..
- When the starter is double in volume, mix it all togehter with 150 gr mixed flour and 75 ml water. Mix them well and form it as a ball of dough. It will be sticky and let it be sticky. Cover the bowl with towel. Keep it in room temperature for 30-40 minutes (Autolyse phase).
- After 30-40 minutes, Give 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp oil to the dough. Mix them well by folding the dough. Form a dough. Let it rest in room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Cover the bowl with wet towel. Place the bowl in the fridge for overnight cold fermentation..
- Bring it out to the counter top when you are ready to bake. Punch down the dough. On lightly flour dusted counter, divide the dough into 4 pieces and shape it as ball. Let it do bench rest while preparing the potatoes..
- Prepare the potatoes for the stuffing: In a non-stick pan, heat the oil and add the chopped onion, chili. Stir it for 1 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes, spices (salt, chili powder, coriander & cumin powder). Mix them well. Add some water and cook it until it is homogenised with the spices and the water is dried out. Transfer it out to the plate. Let it cool down for 5 minutes..
- Take one piece of the dough, roll it flat (not too thin – 1 cm thickness). If the dough is very sticky, sprinkle flour on surface of the dough and the counter top/table..
- Take one tablespoon of the mashed potatoes. Place it in the middle and cover it with the dough. Pinch it in the middle. Form a flat ball. Roll it flat with rolling pin. Do not press it too hard, it will cause the dough broken/ form a hole. Use your gently feeling and roll it flat..
- Heat your non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon cooking oil. Place the flat stuffed dough on the pan. Bake it with medium heat on both side for 1-2 minutes. It will puff and push out some steams. It was awesome to see it puffed. To make it crispy, add another teaspoon cooking oil on other side of the bread while baking it..
- Transfer it out to the plate and continue to bake another paratha..
- Serve it with any condiments such as chutney / yogurt..
Looking at different websites I found sourdough starters using potatoes instead of wheat or rye. They all used cooked mashed potatoes. I still have some self-made wheat sourdough starter at home. So I could mix a bit of that with my grated potatoes. How to Make Potato Flake Sourdough Starter and Bread Recipe.
If you find this Potato stuffed bread with sourdough starter recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.