Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cheat's Corned Beef Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheat's Corned Beef Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you eat them, may better your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, try a few of these.
Green tea is truly excellent for your mood. You were just anticipating to read that, weren’t you? Green tea has a lot of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have discovered that this amino acid essentially stimulates brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while at the same time relaxing the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you be better. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood too!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cheat's corned beef pie recipe. You can cook cheat's corned beef pie using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cheat's Corned Beef Pie:
- Use of For the Pastry:.
- You need 250 g of flour.
- Prepare 1 Pinch of salt.
- Provide 55 g of butter, cold & cubed.
- Provide 55 g of lard, cold & cubed.
- Take 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of For the Filling:.
- Take 1/2 (1 pack) of frozen diced onions.
- Get 2 knobs of butter.
- Use 1 of small & 1 large tin of corned beef.
- Get 1 packet of frozen mashed potatoes.
- Take 1 splash of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white pepper & salt.
- Provide 1 of egg, beaten.
Steps to make Cheat's Corned Beef Pie:
- Add the flour, salt, butter, and lard to the bowl of a food processor, blitz a few times until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Add the yolk and 1 tbsp of water, blitz again a few times until a dough starts to form, you may need a little more water. Tip the mixture onto a lightly floured surface and bring together with your hand, but do not kneed it, cover with cling film chill in the fridge for 30 mins..
- Add the butter to a frying pan and heat gently, once melted add the onion and cook on low until the onion is soft and translucent, don't allow the onion to brown..
- Microwave the mashed potatoes for 5-8 minutes, stirring every few minutes, once soft add the milk and butter. Chop up the corned beef and add it to the potato whilst the potatoes are still warm, it makes the mixture easier to combine. Add the pepper and salt, taste to check the seasoning. Then mix through the cooked onions..
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan. Add a heavy-bottomed baking sheet to the oven to preheat. Roll out half the pastry large enough to cover the base and sides of a 9-inch pie tin. I like to push my pastry into the tin using a piece of wast pastry wrapped in cling film and dipped in flour..
- Fill the pastry base with the corned beef filling, it should be slightly domed, brush around the edge of the cooked pastry with the beaten egg. Roll out the second piece of pastry and top the pie. Use your thumb to press the top layer of pastry onto the bottom of the pastry. Cut a small hole into the centre of the pastry to release the steam, then egg wash all over and sprinkle with sea salt flakes..
- Place the pie in the oven on top of the preheated baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 150 fan for a further 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely and then refridgerate before slicing..
- To decorate for halloween, I use Halloween cookie cutters to cut out shapes with left over pastry, then paint on the design with gel colouring diluted with a little water..
The corned beef from which the pie derives its name may be leftover corned beef. Corned beef is essentially beef cured in a salt brine, with some pickling spices for added flavor. Corned beef gets its vibrant pink color from the use of sodium nitrite, a chemical compound that also adds flavor and helps inhibit bacterial growth. With or without cabbage, corned beef makes a satisfying dinner. Find dozens of recipes for Reuben sandwiches, corned beef hash, and much more.
If you find this Cheat's Corned Beef Pie recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.