Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Eggplant Gratin recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Eggplant Gratin recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Eggplant Gratin recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. Working out at the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Select water over other drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee every so often won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all of your hydration from them is a terrible idea. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Effective weight loss efforts often depend solely on water consumption.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your health levels. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to eggplant gratin recipe. To cook eggplant gratin you only need 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Eggplant Gratin:
- Take 1 of large eggplant.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- Use 12 slices of pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- Use 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- Take 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Get 3 of green onions, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- Take 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Steps to make Eggplant Gratin:
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
But in a pinch, you can use globe eggplants. Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry. My very favorite recipe for eggplant is my Eggplant Parmesan recipe, and although I love my healthier version of it, I was craving something new. Eggplant is a common substitute for meat dishes and adds some bulk to this gratin. Like zucchini, it has a distinctive taste that many consider less bland than many vegetables.
If you find this Eggplant Gratin recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.