Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Custard Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Custard Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. Making good decisions when buying groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home immediately and have something good. Make sure that what you already have is nutritious. In this way, even when you decide that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about slimming down. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut custard pie recipe. You can have coconut custard pie using 13 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Coconut Custard Pie:
- Get 1 1/4 cups of All-purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Provide 1/2 cup (1 stick) of cold unsalted Butter, cut into pieces.
- Use 2-4 tablespoons of ice water.
- Take 1 pinch of Salt.
- Take of For filling.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- Get 1 cup of whole milk.
- Get 1 can of coconut milk.
- Provide 4 of large egg yolks.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut.
- Use 1 pinch of salt.
Steps to make Coconut Custard Pie:
- In a food processor add flour, salt, and sugar. Blend well..
- Add butter, blend until mixture resembles coarse meal..
- Sprinkle with 2-3 tablespoons ice water. Blend until dough is crumbly but holds together when pressed..
- Transfer the dough into a dish..
- With the help of your hand press the dough to form a crumbly dough..
- Take 9 inch round pie dish and press the dough to the dish to spread uniformly..
- Pre heat oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes..
- Place a round aluminium foil over the pie dough..
- Take some kidney beans or any other kind of beans and spread over the foil to make a layer..
- Bake the pie for 35 to 40 minutes or until the edges are brown in colour..
- Remove the foil with beans and keep the pie crust in the refrigerator to cool..
- Now for the coconut custard, in a heavy bottomed pan add sugar, salt and cornflour..
- Mix well and then add whole milk, coconut milk and 4 egg yolks..
- Mix well and put the mixture on stove top..
- Stir continuously and cook in medium heat until you see 2_3 bubbles appear to form, about 5 minutes..
- Remove from heat stirring constantly..
- When the mixture cools a little bit, take out the pie crust and pour the custard over that..
- Smooth the top with a knife..
- For the coconut topping, toast the dissicated coconut until light golden brown..
- Spread the toasted coconut over the coconut custard..
- Keep the dish back to the refrigerator to set the custard for about 4 hours..
- At the time of serving, take out the dish from the refrigerator, garnish with some fresh fruit, cut in small pieces and serve cool..
Coconut Custard Pie Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Christmas Tree Delivery Is a Thing and We're So on Board. This traditional coconut custard pie is equal parts creamy, smooth custard and chewy coconut. So comforting and delicious, it will remind you of your grandma's pie, if your grandma was a great baker and made coconut custard pie! I tried many and this one is the real deal.
If you find this Coconut Custard Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.