Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. If you make smart decisions when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Fill your pantry shelves with nutritious foods. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas recipe. To cook homemade flour tortillas and beef fajitas you need 15 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas:
- Get of For The Flour Tortillas.
- You need 4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 of tsps baking powder.
- Take 2 tbsps of shortening.
- Prepare 2 of tsps salt.
- Get of Warm water or milk for kneading.
- Get of For The Meat Fajitas.
- Prepare 2 of Red bell peppers (sliced).
- You need 2 of green bell peppers (sliced).
- Get 2 of yellow bell peppers (sliced).
- You need 2 of large onions (sliced).
- Prepare 2 of red chillies (chopped).
- You need of cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped).
- You need of Any sauce (hot sauce, guacamole, salad, sour cream, salsa, chopped tomatoes etc).
- Get of Spices (Spice to your own taste).
Steps to make Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas:
- Mix ingredients together, add the warm water or milk and make a soft dough..
- Knead it well..
- Let it rest covered for about 20 minutes, then divide the dough into 16 equal portions..
- Roll each one out as thin as you can..
- Once all are rolled out, heat a nonstick pan and place the tortillas one at a time, cooking each briefly for a few seconds on medium-high heat then turning it to cook the other side until bubbly and slightly golden..
- Don't overcook them as you need them to be soft and pliable, not crisp or hard..
- Keep the ready ones covered in a hotpot or under a towel to keep them soft..
- Serve fresh by rolling some filling in them and serving as fajitas or in whichever way you like..
- Grill the beef strips on medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side or until slightly charred.
- Once beef strips are done, remove and set aside..
- Keep the meat covered to retain moisture..
- Add the oil in a sauce pan..
- Saute the onions until tender..
- Add the bell pepper strips.
- Sprinkle spices and the chopped red chili..
- Stir-fry over high heat until the bell peppers are tender and start to charr slightly around the edges..
- You can then return the beef strips into the pan and mix them with the peppers, heat everything through until sizzling hot, or serve the two separately..
- Turn off the heat and serve..
- To assemble, lay a warmed tortilla wrap, apply some sauce/salad followed by the filling..
- Roll and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
If you find this Homemade Flour Tortillas And Beef Fajitas recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.