Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Hellfire Gumbo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Hellfire Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hellfire Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Saving Money Within the Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any individual who portrayed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is actually as good a spot to start as any. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to just the kitchen area. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you will need to use them in place of incandescent lights. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, which is good. You also have to get the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently find members of a family, and often the lights usually are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. Certainly this also happens in other rooms, not just the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is quite easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hellfire gumbo recipe. You can have hellfire gumbo using 23 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hellfire Gumbo:
- Get of large yellow onion.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Take of green bell pepper.
- Prepare of Red bell pepper.
- Prepare of chicken breasts (bone in skin on).
- Prepare of Pork Andouille Sausages.
- Prepare of fire roasted tomatoes.
- Take of Okra.
- Take of Habanero peppers.
- Use of flour.
- You need of bacon grease.
- Take of Celery.
- Prepare of cayenne pepper.
- Provide of white pepper.
- Get of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Provide of thyme.
- Prepare of parsley flakes.
- Use of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Provide of gumbo filé.
- Prepare of rice.
- You need of bay leaf.
Steps to make Hellfire Gumbo:
- In a large pot cover chicken breasts with water, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. For the last 10 minutes drop in the sausages, piercing them about 3 times in front and back with a knife before..
- Pierce the habanero peppers with a knife and put them in the pot. Leave in the pot during entire cooking time to flavor the Gumbo then remove before serving..
- Mince garlic and finely chop about 1/4 of the onion, set aside separately for the roux.
- Chop up the remaining onion,red and green bell peppers and celery and add to the pot..
- Remove chicken and sausage from pot and set aside.
- Add can of fire roasted tomatoes and all seasonings to taste, to the pot, except for the Gumbo Filé.
- In a large iron skillet, heat bacon grease on a medium to high flame, when grease is hot gradually stir in flour. This mix of grease and flour is the roux, and is a crucial part of the outcome of the Gumbo, try not to burn it. Keep stirring this mix for at least 10 minutes or until the roux starts to turn a light brown color, then add the onions, stir for another 5 minutes and add the garlic and continue to stir until the roux reaches a milk chocolatey color, also try not to let the garlic burn.
- Once the roux is a nice brown color with caramelized onions and garlic, transfer the roux from the skillet to the Gumbo pot and stir in..
- Chop Okra I to 1/2 inch pieces and add to the Gumbo.
- Take skin off the chicken and remove it from the bones and shred with your hands. Brown sausages on the skillet on high heat for about 6 minutes, chop into 1/2 inch slices and add to the Gumbo..
- Add Gumbo filé to taste, serve with rice and/or french bread and butter and enjoy. Garnish with habanero if you dare!.
If you find this Hellfire Gumbo recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.