Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we ought to keep away from them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that actually can improve your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, you might be surprised to learn, are fantastic at combating depression. Just see to it that you do not throw away the egg yolk. When you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks particularly, are high in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because they help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–run better. Try eating a few eggs to cheer up!
See, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup recipe. You can have jenny's delicious ham and pinto bean soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Take 1 1/2 lb of Pinto Beans (dry) (Soaked and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion (Sliced or Diced).
- Get 1 lb of Cubed Ham.
- Use 4 tbsp of Salted Butter.
- Provide 6-10 of Chicken Bouillon Cubes (Skip or use less if using Broth).
- You need 2 clove of Garlic (minced).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Dried Ground Thyme (Or 2-3 tsp Thyme Leaves).
- Get 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Parsley.
- Provide 1 of Bay Leaf.
- You need 10-12 cup of Water And/Or Chicken Broth.
- You need of Fresh Baby Spinach for garnish (Optional).
Instructions to make Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup:
- Melt Butter in a big soup pot, over Medium heat..
- Add Onion..
- Add spices, except for the Bay Leaf. Stir well..
- When the onions begin to soften, add the Ham. Stir well. Cook and stir for about 5 mins..
- Add the 12 cups of water and the Bouillon Cubes. (For a thicker soup, use 10 cups of water and 5 Bouillon Cubes).
- Add the Pinto Beans. Stir, and turn up heat to Medium High..
- Heat until boiling. Cover and turn heat down to Medium Low..
- Simmer for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours..
- Add Bay Leaf about a half an hour before cooking is finished..
- Serve and enjoy! :).
Making Smoky Ham Hock and Pinto Bean Soup in an Instant Pot. Delicious and easy Instant Pot ham and bean soup recipe is quick easy in slow cooker too. How to Make Ham and Bean Soup in Pressure Cooker? Delicious recipe I changed a couple of things. I did add chicken stock for some of the liquid.
If you find this Jenny's Delicious Ham and Pinto Bean Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.