Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant. Toss the angel hair with the eggplant mixture. Add the mozzarella and Parmesan and toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into the pan.
Toss the angel hair with the eggplant mixture. Add the mozzarella and Parmesan and toss to combine. Spoon the pasta mixture into the pan. You can have Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant using 30 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant
- Prepare 1 of FOR EGGPLANT.
- Prepare 2 large of eggplant halfed or 4 medium eggplant, peeled and the eggplant pulp scooped out with a melon baller to make a boat shape with sturdy sides and bottom. Reserve pulp..
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil mixed with 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 1/4 teapoon red pepper flakes. This is for brushing eggplant before roasting..
- You need 2 oz of cooked angel hair pasta, drained.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 of reserved eggplant pulp, chopped.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 small of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1/2 cup of mixed shredded cheese, I used a blend of italian four cheese and sharp cheddar.
- It’s 1 of FOR SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- You need 16 of pepperoni slices.
- It’s 2 of minced cloves garlic.
- Prepare 1 1/2 small of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flales.
- You need 1 of 28 ounce crushed italian tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 of FOR TOPPING.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of mixed shredded cheese, I used italian four cheese blemd and sharp cheddar.
- You need 3 of chopped green onions.
- You need 1 tsp of italian seasoning blend.
- You need 1 of reserved cooked pepperoni.
Place the second pastry sheet atop the pasta filling. Pinch the edges of the pastry sheets together to seal. This Italian Dish Is All My Own. All Products Are Purchased By Me.
Angel Hair Filled Roasted Eggplant instructions
- MAKE SIMPLE TOMATO SAUCE.
- In a saucepan add pepperoni and crisp up and render fat, remove and reserve for later..
- Add onion and garlic to saucepan and soften, add red pepper flakes, black pepper, italian seasoning and salt to taste. Add crushed tomatoes, diced tomatos, cream and simmer 30 minutes, add parmesan cheese and heat through..
- ROAST EGGPANT SHELLS.
- Preheat oven to 425, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- Brush eggpants all over with seasoned olive oil mixture, roast on prepared pan until tender but still holding its shape, about 20 minites depending on size of eggplant..
- PREPARE ANGLE HAIR PASTA SAUCE.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and butter, add eggplant pulp and cook until golden add onion and garlic, soften add broth and cream and lemon and seasonings add cooked angel hair pasta and cheese, remove from heat and mix well..
- ASSEMBLE AND FINAL ROASTING OF EGGPLANT.
- Fill each eggplant shell with angel hair mixture evenly. Combine shredded topping cheese with the green onions and italian seasoning mix well and divide evenly over pasta stuffed eggplanr. Top with reserved pepperoni..
- Put back into the preheated 425 oven just until hot and cheese melts, 10 to 15 minutes..
- Serve with the tomato sauce..
- This is good as a combination vegetable / pasta side or all on its own with a salad..
I got this recipe from the Kraft website, and it's a very good basic pasta recipe, especially if you like garlic (as we do!). To serve piping hot, you can time the cooking steps so that the pasta is cooking and the vegetables are sautéing during the last portion of time that the garlic is roasting in the oven. The top countries of supplier is China, from which the percentage. But roasted eggplant might be this nightshade's greatest trick — turning it from soft and spongy to crispy and tender. Most supermarkets carry one type of eggplant, the globe variety, with Thai, Japanese, and even fairytale eggplant regularly available at local markets from July to October.