Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version. This Healthy Eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of one of your favorite dishes. This low-carb, healthy eggplant parmesan is a lightened up version of the classic Italian dish. Made without breadcrumbs, each slice is low in calories and low in fat, without compromising on flavor.
This healthy eggplant parm uses roasted eggplant instead of fried and uses less breading and cheese than a restaurant version. Don't worry though, this quick and easy healthy eggplant parmesan still tastes indulgent and no one will guess it is a lighter option. Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with Working one at a time dredge the eggplant slices first in the flour, then dip in the beaten eggs, and then dredge in the Roasted Eggplant and Butternut Squash with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce. You can have Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version
- It’s 2 of large eggplant.
- Prepare 1 jar of Marinara sauce.
- It’s of Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare of Shredded Mozarella.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan.
Your healthy eggplant parmesan is done when the cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired. Fortunately, since this is healthy eggplant parmesan without breadcrumbs, it's keto friendly! This version has chicken, but you can probably skip it if you already have eggplant parm.
Roasted eggplant Parmesan healthy version instructions
- Preheat the oven for 400 F. Chop the ends of egg plant and discard the ends. Cut the remaining egg plants in slices. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper and cook at 400 F for 15mins on a baking pan..
- Mix water and all purpose flour in a sauce pan and whisk well..
- Turn on the the flame and whisk the sauce well without any clumps, add 1/2 jar of Marinara sauce to it and garlic and keep mixing it until thickened. Once it's thickened, turn off the stove.
- Take a deep oven dish, coat the bottom of the dish with small amount of Marinara sauce. Arrange the roasted eggplant, then top with sauce prepared and then bottled Marinara sauce. Stack other layer same way as mentioned.
- Top it with Mozarella and Parmesan. Bake at 400F for another 10mins till you see the bubbling. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a bit and Enjoy.
Why Ina's Roasted Eggplant Parmesan Is Better than the Classic. After cooking this recipe at home, my biggest takeaway was never doubt Ina (something I should have known, of course — but hear me out). This lighter take on eggplant parmesan maintains all the flavors of the classic dish but is baked instead of fried. EatingWell's Eggplant Parmesan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Eggplant slices are dipped in egg and bread crumbs and then baked, instead of fried.