Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
In general, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to consume. There are several foods that, when you eat them, can boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Put together a trail mixfrom a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is possible as these foods have a bunch of magnesium which raises serotonin production. Serotonin is referred to as the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling at all times. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Test out these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to black bean (w/ ham) soup recipe. You can cook black bean (w/ ham) soup using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- You need 1 lb. of dried black beans.
- Provide 3 tbs. of olive or vegetable oil.
- Get 1 of medium yellow onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 3 tbs. of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of smoked ham hock.
- You need 7 cups of vegetable stock.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of coriander.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of thyme.
- Take Dash of paprika.
- Get 3 cups of cooked ham, cubed.
- Provide 1/4 cup of dry sherry.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup:
- Soak the black beans and prep according to the package direction. [For a quick soak, use the boiling water method.].
- In a large pot over medium heat, begin heating the oil and sauté the onions and bell pepper until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Add the garlic and sweat them for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomato paste and mix all the ingredients well..
- Pour in the vegetable broth and then add the drained beans, ham hock and the bay leaf..
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the cumin, coriander, thyme, and paprika. Partially cover the pot and cook for about 2 hours until the beans are tender..
- Remove the ham bone and shred off any meat. Set aside. Allow the soup to cool for a few minutes..
- Depending on desired consistency (smooth or chunky), you can puree the soup by using a handheld immersion blender or in batches with a blender..
- Add the cooked ham and shredded meat to the soup in the pot. Season with salt and pepper (to taste) and add the sherry. Cook for 15 minutes on medium heat uncovered to heat through..
- Serve with toppings of choice such as sour cream or yogurt, green onions, chopped hard-boiled egg, etc. Serve with some crusty bread..
If you find this Black Bean (w/ Ham) Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.