Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Green Beans recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Green Beans recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That has completely changed now, since we all apparently have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This needs to happen soon and living in approaches more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good place to begin saving energy by going more green.
You may possibly prefer cooking food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. When you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use considerably less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many men and women incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses a reduced amount of energy than a dishwasher. Mainly if you make certain the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes as opposed to heat drying them, you can raise the amount of money you save.
The kitchen alone offers you many small ways by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. A lot of it is simply using common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and green beans recipe. You can have ham and green beans using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Green Beans:
- Take 3 lb of Fresh green beans.
- Get 8 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Take 1 lb of Ham Hock.
- You need 2 lb of ham.
Steps to make Ham and Green Beans:
- Trim and rinse green beans..
- Peel, rinse and dice potatoes..
- In center of crockpot, place ham hock and then cover with potatoes and green beans..
- Chop onion and add to crockpot..
- When it comes to the ham, you can use a boneless ham piece, but keep in mind that bones mean flavor. I used a ham butt (lol) that was on sale and just threw it on the top of everything and sliced the meat off the bone halfway through the cooking process. You can certainly use boneless, and just dice it up and throw it on top..
- Fill crockpot with water until almost all ingredients are covered, but not quite..
- Cook on high for 3 hours. Then, carefully remove ham hock from center and trim off any meant that you are able to, discarding the bone and adding the meat back into the pot..
- Serve up with some tasty bread for dipping!.
Serve with fresh, sliced tomatoes and corn bread for a great Southern meal. Green Bean Casserole with Ham Tips! *If you want your Ham and Green Bean Casserole to have more of a creamy taste to it and less green beans, use one pound of fresh green beans. Add more than the one cup of. In a large saucepan, with a lid, over medium heat, add the oil. Season the ham with black pepper.
If you find this Ham and Green Beans recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.