Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Split Pea Ham Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Water is the very best drinks out there. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all your hydration from them is a horrendous idea. When you pick out water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthful and hydrated. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need to help make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea ham soup recipe. To make split pea ham soup you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Use of In Dutch Oven.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Take 1 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Use 2 cup of dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup).
- Take 2 1/2 tsp of Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt).
- Use 8 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 of dried bayleaf.
- Get 1 lb of smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking.
Steps to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent..
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta.
- Add smoked kielbasa.
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender).
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING.
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!.
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose..
This traditional pea soup will become a firm family favourite. FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THIS POST IS. Prepare peas according to on-pack preparation instructions. Remove hock and prepare by removing skin and fat.
If you find this Split Pea Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.