Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Walk up the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. This isn’t as simple to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, using the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get out of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will decide to be lazy and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even just a individual flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars recipe. You can have cherry rhubarb cream cheese shortbread dessert bars using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Take of For the rhubarb puree.
- Use 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Provide 1/4 cup of water.
- Use of For the cream cheese shortbread.
- Provide 5 oz of low-fat cream cheese.
- Get 1/2 cup of unsalted butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Get 1 1/3 cups of flour.
- You need of For the rhubarb curd.
- Get 4 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Use 1 cup of rhubarb puree.
- Provide 1/2 can of pitted, dark, sweet, cherries in heavy syrup chopped.
- Get 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare of red dye.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Provide of zest of 1 lemon.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of flour.
Instructions to make Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars:
- Opt for thinner, red rhubarb stalks — When choosing your rhubarb from the store or farmers market, go for the stalks that are mostly red and thinner. These stalks will be sweeter than the thick green ones..
- In a medium pot, combine chopped rhubarb, sugar, and water and heat over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, or until the rhubarb is completely broken down. Transfer mixture to a blender and puree until smooth. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Turn mixer to low speed and incorporate flour. Press dough firmly onto the bottom of the baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Bake for 15 minutes..
- While the shortbread is cooking, make the rhubarb curd! In a large bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the flour. Here is also where I added the cherries and brown sugar. Use as much red dye as you’d like, and remember that the color will fade a bit during cooking. Once mixed, whisk in the flour..
- Pour the rhubarb curd on top of the cream cheese shortbread, then bake for an additional 20 minutes to set the rhubarb..
- Cool bars for at least 4 hours in fridge..
- Then cut and top with powdered sugar! Serve & Enjoy!.
If you find this Cherry Rhubarb Cream Cheese Shortbread Dessert Bars recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.