Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. Each and every family ought to start generating changes that are environmentally friendly and they should do this soon. Keep reading for some methods to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is as good a place to begin with as any. This will go beyond the kitchen, nonetheless that is okay. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is definitely lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Making use of these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the particular benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than simply replacing the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The kitchen lights specifically tend to be left on the entire day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. This additionally happens in the rest of the house, but we are trying to save money in the kitchen. Try keeping the lights off if you don’t absolutely need them, and discover exactly how much electricity you can save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. Typically, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread recipe. You can have ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Prepare 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- Get of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- Get of Red potatoes (not too many).
- Prepare 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- Take 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- Use 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Use 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- Use of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- You need of Garlic salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of white sugar.
- Use of Cornbread.
Steps to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
Serve in individual soup bowls along with cornbread. The beans are pretty much done, so you can just cover and turn the heat off for awhile while you make the cornbread. I try never to eat beans without it. And cornbread, I've found, is such a personal thing. People are very rabid and passionate about the kind of cornbread they prefer, and it almost always relates back to the variety the ate during childhood.
If you find this Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.