Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
Be smart when you do your grocery shopping. Making good decisions when obtaining groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make a little something from your kitchen. Fill your cupboards with healthy foods. This makes it effortless to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to navy bean & bacon soup recipe. You can have navy bean & bacon soup using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Take 1 lb of dried navy beans.
- You need 12 oz of thick cut bacon – slices cut across to 1/2" strips.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion – diced.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried parsley.
- Provide 6 cups of water.
- Use 1 cup of diced carrots.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Navy Bean & Bacon Soup:
- Sort beans to remove any broken/bad beans or other abnormalities. Such as what is pictured here..
- Soak beans using one of the 2 following methods. Overnight: Place beans in a large bowl with 6-8 cups cold water and allow to soak at least 12 hrs. OR Quick Soak (which I prefer): Place beans in large pot (about 6 quart size). Add 6-8 cups cold water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 2 minutes. Turn off heat, cover, let sit 1-2 hrs. Drain and rinse beans in a large colander. Set aside. Do not save soak water..
- If you quick soaked just rinse the pot you used. Place pot on stove over medium-high heat. When hot add all of bacon. Cook until browned and crisp, stirring occasionally..
- Add onion, garlic powder, and parsley (do not remove bacon or drain fat). Cook 2 minutes more stirring constantly. Return beans to pot. Add 6 cups cold water. Stir to combine. Do NOT add any salt or pepper yet..
- Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes. Cover with lid slightly offset to vent. Reduce heat to medium low. Simmer until beans are tender, about 2 hrs, adding carrots in last 30 minutes. Check and stir occasionally..
- When beans are tender use a slotted spoon to transfer about 1/2 cup to a medium bowl. Mash beans with fork and stir back into soup. Add salt and pepper to taste at this time (I went with a heaping tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp pepper). Serve with cornbread if desired. Enjoy!.
- See notes below ⤵.
- For those who do not know, the primary reason for not salting beans as they cook is because the added salt has the tendency to prevent the beans from becoming tender. I'm personally not sure of the exact reason, but I do know from personal experience that this is accurate so I always salt beans after they are tender..
Most markets carry navy beans, typically in both dried and canned form, and they are also very easy to grow in the. Find navy bean stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Navy beans may seem ordinary or unimpressive, but they hold a number of health benefits for us, including their ability to boost cognition and memory, protect the heart, optimize digestion. Navy … From formal English to slang. With a warm, neutral flavor and creamy texture, navy beans make a great addition to many meals.
If you find this Navy Bean & Bacon Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.