Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Almond pear shortbread bars recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Almond pear shortbread bars recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. Making good decisions when shopping for groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to get home quickly and have something great. Fill your cupboards with nutritious foods. This makes it effortless to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to almond pear shortbread bars recipe. To cook almond pear shortbread bars you only need 19 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Almond pear shortbread bars:
- Get of Crust.
- Provide 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of flour.
- Take 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Get of Filling.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of diced pears.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Provide 3 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Provide of Crumble topping.
- Get 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softenend.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Use 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped almonds.
Steps to make Almond pear shortbread bars:
- Line a 9×9” pan with foil and grease with butter. Cooking sprays are the devil..in my opinion. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare the crust by slowly mixing all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a pastry cutter or fork. The mixture will be crumbly. Press the crust in the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes..
- If pears are ripe and soft – Core and diced. If pears are tougher you will need to par cook them by doing the following: place the diced pears in a medium saucepan. Fill the pan with water so that half the pears are covered. Cook over medium heat, bringing to a boil then simmering for about 5 minutes until the pears just start to turn semi-translucent. Drain very well..
- Stir together pears, sugars, cinnamon and cornstarch.
- Mix the topping ingredients together just as you did for the crust. It will be crumbly..
- Remove the hot crust from the oven. Sprinkle the pears carefully on top (make sure they are well drained first – do not add any of the extra liquid!), then sprinkle with the topping. Bake for an additional 35-45 minutes until the crumble topping starts to brown..
- Cool in pan completely before using foil to lift out..
- Slice and serve..
If you find this Almond pear shortbread bars recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.