Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That has completely changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are unable to change things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
While it may not taste as good, preparing food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. Perhaps the realization that an oven utilizes 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned method, but you would be wrong. You get the maximum energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher just before commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, use the cool dry or air dry options to increase the money you save.
From the above it should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not that difficult. It’s about being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe. To cook slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta you only need 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Take 1 bag of dried hurst 15 bean soup mix with seasoning packet.
- Get of Optional 👇.
- Take 1 tsp. of baking soda plus enough water to soak beans overnight.
- Use 2 cups of diced ham or 2 to 3 ham hocks.
- Use 1 of small yellow onion diced.
- Take 2 of carrots peeled and diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery peeled and diced.
- Use 1 Tbsp. of garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of dried basil.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Use 1 tsp. of dried thyme.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Provide 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Take 1 (14.5 oz) of can Italian flavored diced tomatoes or use petite >.
- Provide of tomatoes with 1 tsp. Italian seasonings mixed in.
- You need 1 tsp. of salt.
- Take 3 cups of chopped kale.
- Get 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- Get 2 tsp. of hot sauce.
- Take of (Optional)1 1/2 cups ditalina pasta.
- Take of Shredded Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta:
- Place the beans in a colander and sort out any debris, rinse beans and either add to slow cooker or to a pot and cover with water and add 1 teaspoon baking soda and let it sit overnight it's optional but i prefer it..
- If you soaked the beans give them a quick rinse and add to slow cooker.
- Add in ham, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, butter, basil, thyme, pepper, bay leaf, broth and water.
- Cover slow cooker and don't open lid while cooking. Set on high for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours remove bay leaf and shred ham hocks if used and discard bone and add in tomatoes, hot sauce, kale, salt, lemon juice and pasta if adding. Stir up and cover and cook for 20 more minutes and then stir in flavor packet that was in with the beans. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese if desired. It's also great with buttered cornbread on the side. Enjoy !.
A variety of meats go into this stew, including smoked chorizo, bacon, ham, and beef or pork ribs. The stew makes six to eight generous servings, but you can scale the ingredients up for a crowd. Rinse the beans and add them to the slow cooker. Add the carrots, celery, onion, oregano, bay leaf and water. WAIT TO ADD THE SALSA, CORN AND INCLUDED CAJUN SEASONING MIX).
If you find this Slow cooker 15 bean & ham soup with or without pasta recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.