Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Porcupine Meatballs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Porcupine Meatballs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthful.
Be smart when you do your grocery shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home quickly and eat something beneficial. Fill your cupboards with healthy foods. This way, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about slimming down. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to porcupine meatballs recipe. You can have porcupine meatballs using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Porcupine Meatballs:
- You need of Meatballs.
- Take 1/2 C of Long Grain Rice, uncooked.
- You need 1/2 C of Water.
- Take 1 of Medium White Onion, chopped.
- Take 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Use 1/8 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Take 2 of Tblsp Cooking Oil.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- You need 15 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- Get 1 C of water.
- Take 2 of Tblsp Light Brown Sugar.
- Use 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
Steps to make Porcupine Meatballs:
- In a large mixing bowl: ground beef, 1/2 C water, onion, salt celery seed, black pepper, and garlic powder. Combine with hands until blended..
- Heat oil in large frying pan. I love using my cast iron skillet, or chicken fryer..
- Form 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place in heated skillet. As balls brown roll them in the skillet to cook evenly. Drain grease in container safe for hot grease..
- While meatballs are cooking mix sauce in a large mixing bowl: can tomato sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce..
- Once meatballs have been gently browned and firmed up pour sauce directly over meatballs in the skillet. Heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently about one hour. Checking to make sure they heat evenly. Don't cut the time or the rice will be under cooked..
- Serve meatballs with sauce. I like to have mine with mashed potatoes and a vegetable..
Place your shaped meatballs in your baking dish and pour the sauce all over. Porcupine meatballs are an old-fashioned favorite, developed during the depression to stretch the amount of ground meat. They are so-named because once cooked the rice sticks out of the meatball looking a bit like porcupine quills. You're probably wondering what porcupine meatballs are and what that secret ingredient is. Well let me put your mind at ease and tell you that there is no porcupine meat here at all.
If you find this Porcupine Meatballs recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.