Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Water is the very best drinks out there. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every occasionally isn’t a horrible idea. Using them for your only source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body’s health and allows it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the key to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are a good deal of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) recipe. You can have caldo verde com chouriço (portuguese collard green soup) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- Provide 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil.
- Get 1 of chouriço,linguiça or Spanish chorizo sliced in 1/4 inch rounds.
- Get 1 of large onion, diced.
- Get to taste of Salt and white pepper,.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock AND 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 pound of (medium bunch) collard greens or kale, sliced thin *****.
Steps to make Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup):
- In a large pot, add your olive oil and brown the chouriço on medium heat. Allow the fat from the sausage to really come out as this helps flavour the soup. Once done, remove chouriço with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until translucent, then add your garlic. Stir to combine.
- Add your raw potatoes to the pot, stir then add your water and chicken broth. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Using a wand blender, puree the soup to a smooth consistency. You want it mostly smooth but a few SMALL potato pieces are fine..
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Add your collard greens (or kale) and your choiriço back to the pot and bring back up to just a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 min.
- Serve with bread if desired.
- ** note: remember to remove the stem from your greens.
If you find this Caldo Verde com Chouriço (Portuguese Collard Green Soup) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.