Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Money.
Until fairly recently any person who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some improvements. Each and every family should start making changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Why don’t we begin with something not that hard, changing the actual light bulbs. Do this for the entire house, not only the kitchen. You should replace your incandescent lights by using energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. These bulbs are energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, even though they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. One of the advantages is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off whenever they are not needed. The kitchen lights in particular will often be left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house also. Try keeping the lights off unless you absolutely need them, and see just how much electricity you can save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is something we can all do, without difficulty. Typically, all it requires is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low carb cottage pie recipe. You can have low carb cottage pie using 18 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- You need 2 T of coconut oil.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Get 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Provide 2 of carrots, finely chopped.
- Provide 2 of ribs celery, finely chopped.
- Get 800 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 60 g of tomato paste.
- Use 2 cups of beef stock.
- Provide 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 2 t of dried thyme.
- Use 3 of bay leaves.
- Take 2 T of cornflour mixed with a bit of water.
- Take 1 of big butternut, peeled and cut into cubes.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yoghurt.
- Use 1 t of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 T of coconut oil.
- Use of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Low Carb Cottage Pie:
- Heat the oven to 190C..
- Place the butternut with the 2 T of coconut oil, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a big roasting dish. Mix and roast for 30 minutes or until soft..
- In a big pan brown the onion and garlic in the 2 T coconut oil..
- Add the carrots and celery and saute until soft..
- Add the mince, breaking it up as it browns..
- Add the tomato paste, red wine, stock, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, bay leaves and salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the cornstarch slurry..
- Bring to a boil and then simmer on medium heat until the liquid has become a thick gravy. About 40 minutes..
- When the butternut is soft, transfer to a bowl and add the yoghurt. Blitz with a hand-held blender until it is mashed..
- When the mince is ready (the gravy should be thick and not at all runny), transfer it to the dish wherein the butternut was cooked..
- Add the butternut mash to the dish, creating a second layer..
- Put the dish back in the oven for 30 minutes..
- Serve with chopped Italian parsley and chillies..
Low-carb shepherd's pie with a cheesy cauliflower crust is an absolute low-carb family staple. Perfect comfort food to fill you up. The mince and mash can be combined and baked as a low carb med-style shepherd's pie or simply serve the mince with steamed greens. And the mash can go with any variety of meals as a side dish. Cook the cauliflower florets in lightly salted water until soft.
If you find this Low Carb Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.