Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Malabar Kozhi Pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Malabar Kozhi Pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar Kozhi Pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
A lot of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we should stay away from them. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is true. At times, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are fantastic for helping you fight depression. You should see to it, however, that what you make includes the yolk. When you want to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that dictate how you feel). Try to eat an egg and feel happier!
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar kozhi pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry) recipe. You can have malabar kozhi pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry) using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Malabar Kozhi Pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry):
- Use 1 kg of Whole Chicken.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 cup Riceflour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- Take 1 of finely chopped onion.
- Get 3 cups of Water.
- Take 1 cup of Sliced onion.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Garam masala.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Chicken masala.
- Get 1 tbsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- Prepare 3/4 th cup of Fresh coriander leaves.
- Use 1/2 '' of ginger.
- Get 3-4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies.
- Use 2 of Dry red chillies.
- Get 2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 10 of Curry leaves.
- Take 4 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- Use 3/4 th cup of Coconut milk.
- Provide As per taste of Salt.
Instructions to make Malabar Kozhi Pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry):
- Let's get started with one of the yummy traditional kerala recipes. Firstly marinate the cleaned and washed chicken with salt, garam masala and chicken masala. Keep it aside for 30 minutes..
- Now we need to prepare that is the rice dumplings. In a pot boil water with salt, chopped onions and fennel seeds..
- Once the water starts boiling reduce the flame and add the rice flour. Keep on stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed. Once everything mix well, switch off the flame and cover the pot, keep aside for 10 minutes. This helps the rice flour to cook in the steam from the covered pot..
- After the rice flour mixture cools a bit, knead it for 5-10 minutes and make small grape sized balls. Once all balls are ready keep them aside..
- Now time to make malabar style chicken curry. Take a thick bottom deep pan. Heat oil on medium flame. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chillies..
- Once the mustard starts to crackle add the sliced onions, saute and cook till they turn nice pink and translucent..
- By the time onions turn pink, we will make green paste with coriander leaves, ginger, garlic, green chillies, coriander powder, haldi powder, red chilli powder and garam masala..
- Add water to all this and grind everything to a fine smooth paste..
- Now into the translucent turned onions add the marinated chicken and green paste.Give everything a nice mix and cook on low flame till the chicken is half done.
- Then add water and coconut milk. Mix and continue cooking on low flame for 5 minutes..
- Now into the chicken gravy add the rice flour dumplings, mix well and continue cooking on low flame. Cook until the chicken is completely done and rice dumplings are nicely soaked in masala gravy..
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot, it's a whole meal in itself. However you can accompany this dish with rice, chapati or appam..
If you find this Malabar Kozhi Pidi (rice dumplings in soupy chicken curry) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.