Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Easy Fish Pie 🐟 recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Fish Pie 🐟 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Fish Pie 🐟 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Mostly, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and should be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can boost your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Your mood can really be helped by green tea. You just knew green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is found to be packed full of an amino acid called L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid basically stimulates brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while having a relaxing effect on the rest of your body. You were already aware that green tea could help you feel better. Now you are aware that it helps you to lift your moods too!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy fish pie 🐟 recipe. To cook easy fish pie 🐟 you need 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easy Fish Pie 🐟:
- Provide of potatoes.
- Take of semi skimmed milk.
- You need of sauce flour.
- Provide of butter.
- Provide of cod fillets – frozen.
- Get of smoked haddock fillets – frozen.
- Use of salmon fillets – frozen.
- Take of eggs.
- Prepare of Salt black pepper.
Instructions to make Easy Fish Pie 🐟:
- Here are the basic ingredients, bathed in early morning sunshine. I made this pie in the morning and then popped it in the oven about 50 minutes before my parents arrived..
- Poach the frozen fish for about 10 minutes until cooked through. Boil the eggs until hard boiled. Don’t overcook the fish – it will be finished in the oven later..
- Slice the potatoes into discs about 5mm thick. Parboil or steam the potatoes for 7-10 minutes. If parboiling add salt..
- When all your fish, eggs and potatoes are cooking make a simple sauce. Melt the butter in a pan and add the milk. Stir the sauce flour with a small amount of water to make a paste and then add to the mix. Stir the mixture until it is thick and smooth. You could add grated cheese here if you want – but this will make the sauce very rich..
- Break the fish into large chunks and spread into a bowl..
- Add the eggs if you like. We use eggs in our family! You could vary the ingredients to your taste – cooked prawns or even vegetables such as peas or leeks can be really great..
- Pour the sauce on top and then cover with plenty of fresh ground black pepper..
- Layer the potatoes so the overlap similar to fish scales. Use smaller discs to plug gaps in this topping..
- Brush with some melted butter and finish off with fresh ground black pepper and salt. This is where you can stop if you have made this pie in advance..
- Place in the middle shelf of an oven at 180 degrees fan. Cook for 45 minutes and ensure the pie is cooked through and golden on top. Leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving..
- We served this with brown bread, sautéed kale (7 minutes with butter) and frozen peas (boiled 5 minutes with salt and butter). Any green vegetable is going to taste great!.
Serve with a green salad or green steamed vegetables like broccoli. This is the easiest fish pie I have ever made. I used cod and haddock for the white fish and a few extra shrimp as there were some left in the bag. This delicious fish pie is a great excuse to pack in the veg, so use whatever you have to hand – even frozen peas! If you prefer a more classic fish pie topping, simply boil your root veg and mash with a little butter.
If you find this Easy Fish Pie 🐟 recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.