Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Drink water, not other drinks. Having a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. When you choose water over other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories out of your diet— without having to deal with terrible tasting diet food. Water is often the main element to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme recipe. To cook oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme you only need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme:
- Take 2 lb of Baby Yukon Gold potatoes (see Notes), scrubbed and halved lengthwise.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Use 2 tbsp of minced fresh thyme.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Get 1 lb of peeled baby carrots (this is a modification of the original recipe to save time),.
Steps to make Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme:
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°..
- Put carrots on large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes. Boil for about 5 minted till fork tender..
- While potatoes are boiling, roast carrots in oven, when potatoes are done, drain them completely and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet with carrots, drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and gently toss to coat evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 20 minutes..
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add thyme and butter or margarine; gently toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature..
I have a new favorite vegetable side dish—roasted carrots. Like those other vegetables, carrots develop deep, concentrated flavor and golden, caramelized edges as they roast in the oven. Try roasting the carrots with fresh thyme. If you find that the baby carrots are done before the potatoes just remove them to a bowl. I use the rainbow carrots and keep them whole as they look so pretty on the table served like this.
If you find this Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.