Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is finished, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Climb stairs. Rather than using an elevator, take the stairs to the floor you live or work on. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a extremely high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will decide to be idle and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. Even if you only have one flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are a good deal of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your health levels. You need to help make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stew beef & gravy w/herb roasted potatoes recipe. You can have stew beef & gravy w/herb roasted potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- Take of Stew Beef & Gravy.
- You need 1 1/4 lb of Stew Beef.
- Provide 1/4 of Diced White Onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of Bacon Grease.
- Provide 3 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Provide 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- Prepare of Herb Roasted Potatoes.
- Take 5 of White Potatoes.
- Get 1/4 cup of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
Steps to make Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add stew beef, onion, salt, onion powder, thyme, and pepper. Saute for roughly 5 minutes stirring often until all sides have browned..
- Add bacon fat and flour to beef and stir together until a paste (roux) has formed. Cook for 2 minutes, then add beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- After an hour of the beef and gravy cooking, preheat oven to 375°F..
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and chop each half into four equal half-moon slices..
- Transfer chopped potatoes into medium bowl with canola oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and thyme. Toss to coat..
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in 375°F oven for roughly 60-75 minutes..
- Serve in a bowl with potatoes topped with beef and gravy..
Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables (such as carrots, potatoes, onions, beans, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes) and may include meat. Beef stew is a cold weather essential. Read on to get all the hot deets on this ultra-comforting stew. There's no rule that beef stew needs a thickening agent. An easy beef stew recipe from Jamie magazine, with shallots, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
If you find this Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.