Apple Jalebi. Well, this Jalebi is a twist to your regular Jalebi. This one is made of apple rings dipped in maida batter. Try it and enjoy during special occasions and festivals.
Dip the apple slices into the batter one at a time, making sure the slice is covered with the batter. Then, slowly drop the slices into the frying pan. Fry the jalebi until both sides are golden-brown. You can have Apple Jalebi using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Jalebi
- You need 1 of Apple.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Maida/All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- It’s As needed of Oil for deep frying.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Instant yeast.
- You need of Water as required to make the batter.
- It’s of For making sugar syrup:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4-6 of saffron strands.
Transfer them into the warm syrup. The oil-free Apple Jalebi is also known as Jilapi, Zulbia, and Zambia. It is basically a mix of maida, deep fried in oil and then dipped in sugar syrup. Apple Jalebi is an amazing deep fried fritter soaked in rosy fragrant syrup.
Apple Jalebi instructions
- Take all the required ingredients in a bowl, add the maida & yeast and mix it well..
- Then add the sugar and salt, mix it well and then pour the needed water to make the batter..
- The batter should be free flowing but not too thin. Cover it with lid and let it rest for 30 mins..
- In the mean time, let's make the sugar syrup, heat the pan with water and sugar, add few strands of saffron..
- Let it comes to boil, reduce the flame and cook till the syrup becomes sticky. Switch off the flame. If you're using food colour, add it now and then add the lemon juice. Mix it well and your sugar syrup is ready..
- Next, peel the apple and cut them into thin circles, remove the seeds from the centre and keep it ready..
- After 30 mins, the batter should be all bubbly and became thick.Heat the oil in the pan for frying.Deep the apple slice into the batter and coat them on both sides well..
- Gently drop them into oil and cook on both side till it becomes golden in colour. Drain from the oil and add it into the sugar syrup, let it soak for 2 mins and then remove from the syrup and arrange it on the plate. Sprinkle some chopped dry fruits (optional).
- Tasty apple jalebi is done….enjoy them hot!!.
Freshly sliced apples coated with flavored flour, deep fried until crisp and golden and glazed with the sweetness of sugar syrup, served hot with frozen cold ice cream is a divine dessert to all the sweet tooth lovers. This is a brilliant variation of the normal Jalebi that most of love to eat. Jalebi is one of the popular and traditional North Indian recipes that you can have on any occasion and festival. Give a twist to the traditional jalebi recipe and try this Apple Jalebi, which is prepared using apple, all purpose flour, saffron, sugar and ghee. If you've never had Apple Jalebi you are in for a real treat.