Bitter gourd with pork belly with black bean sauce on. We Partner With Farmers & Suppliers To Carefully Vet All Of Our Products. For All Your Every Day Needs, Visit Your Nearest Whole Foods Market. Add in black bean sauce fry a while,put the pork belly fry until half cooked.
Braised Pork Ribs and Bitter Gourd in Black Bean Sauce like the name suggest is a dish made with bitter gourd and tender soft bone pork ribs slowly braised in a sauce made with fermented salted black beans and spiced with dried chillies. Replicate the delicious zi char classic of pork ribs and bittergourd in black bean sauce in your own kitchen. To get that full-on flavour, it is best to deep-fry the ribs and bittergourd. You can have Bitter gourd with pork belly with black bean sauce on using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bitter gourd with pork belly with black bean sauce on
- You need 1 of Bitter gourd.
- Prepare of Pork Belly (thinly slices) / Or you can use the meat only.
- You need 2 of chilies padi (chopped).
- You need 1 of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 2 of shallot finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tbs of Black Beans sauce.
Which cut of pork should you use in this dish? Ask your butcher for a portion of the spare ribs which the Amercians refer to as St Louis-style cut. Stir-frying thinly sliced bitter melon with meat and fermented black beans is arguably Chinese in origin but versions have sprouted all over Southeast Asia over the millennia. Some bitter melon and meat stir-fries have ground meat, others have thinly sliced meat, a beaten egg is added in some versions, some have chilies while others don't.
Bitter gourd with pork belly with black bean sauce on step by step
- Cut the Bitter gourd thinly and put some salt, let it sit a while. Wash and squeeze out the water and dry use kitchen towel.
- Heat pan, put 2tbsp cooking oil, add in Chopped shallots,garlic and chili padi.fry a while..
- Add in black bean sauce fry a while,put the pork belly fry until half cooked. Add in the bitter gourd. Fry a while and then put in the brown sugar. Taste it before serve. (i didn't put any salt because the bitter gourd probably still taste little bit salty).
Pork ribs and bittergourd with black bean sauce is a zi char classic that you can replicate at home. To get that full-on flavour, it is best to deep-fry the ribs and bittergourd. Stir-fry until the pork is mostly cooked. Stir-fry until the bitter melon is tender-crisp. Or other bitter melon dishes if you wish.