Pork char siew / BBQ pork belly (Simplified version). Try this mouth watering Pork Belly BBQ with honey glazed. Pork – the best pork for Char Siu is pork scotch fillet. See next section for more information Some people also make this using pork belly but I find that too oily for my taste for this particular recipe.
Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Growing up in the Catskills, the first time I saw this Chinese BBQ pork, or char siu, was at the Holiday Inn of all places. Char Siu is a fragrant and delicious Chinese BBQ pork usually made using pork shoulder or pork belly. You can cook Pork char siew / BBQ pork belly (Simplified version) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork char siew / BBQ pork belly (Simplified version)
- Prepare 200 gram of Pork belly.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Maltose syrup.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need of Garlic (Only for taste, remove after marinade).
It is marinated in a homemade sauce for hours before being cooked over a charcoal grill. Char Siew, Chinese Roasted BBQ Pork, 叉燒. Char siew pork to serve here. Select Category INGREDIENT Beef Lamb Noodle Pork Poultry Seafood Vegetable OTHER Dessert Sauce PRODUCTS Asian Steakhouse Marinades Smoky Sriracha & Lime Sticky Chili & Ginger Thai Pepper & Garlic BBQ Sauce Asian BBQ Sauce Chilli Sauces.
Pork char siew / BBQ pork belly (Simplified version) instructions
- Mixed all marination into a bow, and marinate the pork belly in marination for at least 2 hours, or best, overnight..
- Separate the meat from marination, preheat the oven to 200℃. Place the pork belly on a wire rack and bake for 20 minutes. (I'll suggest to place an aluminum foil under the rack, as it will be very difficult to wash the burned stain.).
- At the same time, heat up the marination sauce, and add another tbsp of maltose syrup or honey into the sauce for coating. Cook until it is thicken, and it's ready for the char siew..
- Brush the char siew sauce on the char siew every five minutes. Repeat 4 times..
- Cooking time is depend on how thick the meat you have select, I personally preferred slightly over burned Char Siew, the burned end is the key to heaven's door..
- Lastly, slice into bite size pieces, and serve it over rice, noodle, or just eat it on it own. Enjoy. 😉.
Marinade: Char Siew Sauce, Fish Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Sugar, Soy Sauce, Salt, Fermented Bean Curd (Fu Yu), Five Spice Powder, Ginger Power, MSG, Cornstarch. Sauce: Malt sugar, rock sugar, ginger juice, salt, water. Char siew (aka cha siu, cha shao, char siu) is a type of BBQ pork dish in which long strips of boneless pork are marinated in a mixture of maltose, five spice powder, red fermented I've been wanting to make char siew for the longest time ever but kept procrastinating for I-cannot-remember-what-reasons. The cut of pork you will make the char siu with will be a personal preference. I prefer a more fatty and juicy char siu so I went with a pork shoulder (you If you love a juicy, sweet & sticky char siu (Chinese BBQ Pork), try this easy recipe!