Bossam (Korean pork wrap). Bossam (보쌈) is a boiled pork dish. The meat is boiled in a flavorful brine until tender and served thinly sliced. At the table, each person wraps the meat in Korean cooks add a variety of ingredients to the boiling liquid to eliminate the unique smell of pork and flavor the meat.
This recipe version include apple and soy sauce to enhance the overall flavour and colour of the dish! Bossam is a popular Korean boiled pork dish. When it's infused with an apple and other spices, it becomes irresistibly delicious! You can have Bossam (Korean pork wrap) using 26 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bossam (Korean pork wrap)
- You need 1000 g of Pork belly joint.
- It’s 2 of Spring onion.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- You need 1/2 of Garlic bulb.
- You need 10 g of Ginger.
- It’s 1200 ml of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sake (Dry white wine).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Miso (Japanese miso).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Instant coffee.
- It’s of Mooli (Radish) Kimchi.
- Prepare 500-600 g of Mooli (Radish).
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Korean Chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Anchovy sauce (Fish sauce).
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Honey.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need 1/8 tsp of Grated ginger.
- It’s of Ssamjang.
- You need 2 tbsp of Gochujang.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Miso.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake (Dry white wine).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vinegar.
Bossam – Korean Pork Belly Wrap. When I think of Bossam, I think of Kimjang because it was traditionally eaten around Kimjang (in the fall, Koreans make kimchi to last through winter) time when I was growing up. After a long day of pickling cabbages, chopping and making the kimchi stuffing, with. Brown sugar, daikon radish, fermented salted shrimp, fish sauce, frozen oysters, garlic, ginger, hot pepper flakes, instant hazelnut-flavored coffee, korean radish, napa cabbage, onion, oysters, pork, pork belly, salt, soybean paste, sugar, toasted sesame seeds, vinegar, water.
Bossam (Korean pork wrap) step by step
- Cut the mooli (radish) in matchstick size.
- Add 1/2 tbsp salt and mix well.
- Drain the water and leave it for 20 minutes.
- [ Kimchi paste ] Put grated garlic, grated ginger, Korean chilli powder, sugar, anchovy sauce (fish sauce) and honey in a food bag or small bowl..
- 20 minutes later, gently squeeze the mooli (radish) and mix it with the kimchi paste.
- Carefully mix the mooli and kimchi paste.
Bossam is proof that Koreans do wraps right: each perfectly constructed packet features meltingly tender pork, fermented dipping sauces and pastes To celebrate the job's completion, everyone digs into platters of bossam—tender sliced pork with flavorful condiments, pungent slivers of raw garlic. Bossam (보쌈, 褓-) is a pork dish in Korean cuisine. It usually consists of pork shoulder that is boiled in spices and thinly sliced. The meat is served with side dishes such as spicy radish salad, sliced raw garlic, ssamjang (wrap sauce), saeu-jeot (salted shrimp), kimchi, and ssam (wrap). Ssam means wrap and Bossam means wrap with lots of generous stuffing inside.