Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Lowering costs Within the Kitchen.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These types of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Changing light bulbs is as good a spot get started on as any. This will probably go outside of the kitchen, nevertheless that is okay. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are usually energy-savers, and you must use them rather than incandescent lights. They cost a small amount more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. Changing the light bulbs would likely keep a lot of bulbs out of the landfills, and that’s good. You also have to get the practice of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a place. The kitchen lights specifically will often be left on the whole day, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Of course this also happens in some other rooms, not merely the kitchen. Make a practice of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Green living just isn’t that tough. A lot of it truly is basically utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pork chops with sage and blackberry pan sauce recipe. You can have pork chops with sage and blackberry pan sauce using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce:
- Provide 1 lb of boneless rib cut pork chops (about 5 chops, 1/2 in. thick).
- Provide 1 of small shallot, finely chopped.
- Get 2 tbsp of blackberry jam.
- Take 1 tbsp of sherry vinegar.
- Take 3 of sage leaves, finely sliced.
- Get 1 tbsp of butter.
Instructions to make Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce:
- Add a knob of butter and a splash of olive oil to a medium stainless pan on medium-high heat. Season the chops with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan for 3 minutes per side. Remove the chops to a plate..
- Drain the oil from the pan and add a fresh knob of butter. Add the shallots and fry for 1 minute until softened. Stir in the jam, vinegar, sage and a few tablespoons of water. Bring to a simmer and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Let cook until the sauce is reduced to a syrupy consistency, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the butter and stir until the sauce is smooth and glossy. Add salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste..
- Return the chops and any juices to the pan. Let them warm through for 1 minute, then flip the chops and let them warm through 1 minute on the other side. Serve with the sauce spooned generously over top..
Drain the oil from the pan and add a fresh knob of butter. Serve with blackberry sauce; garnish with sage sprigs, if desired. The blackberry sauce did take a lot of time and mine was not very thick at all, however it. The slight sweetness of the berries is a great compliment to the pork chops. I also added a little red wine and sage to the sauce.
If you find this Pork Chops with Sage and Blackberry Pan Sauce recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.