Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Could save you Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more green we won’t be able to correct the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
Probably the food is not quite as good when cooked in the microwave, but it will save you money to use it over your oven. When you find out it will require 75% more energy to cook in the oven, you may look for more ways to use the microwave. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a lot of electrical power and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You might think that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, nonetheless that is not true. Mainly if you make sure the dishwasher is full before starting a cycle. By cool drying or even air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
From the above it should be apparent that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Environmentally friendly living is not that hard. Mostly, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caldo de res (soup of beef) recipe. You can have caldo de res (soup of beef) using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef):
- You need of Beef Shank (Cut into 1/2" pcs).
- Use of Beef stew meat (Cut into 1/2"pcs).
- Prepare of EVOO.
- Use of salt.
- Get of black pepper.
- You need of med onion chopped.
- Take of Beef broth.
- Use of water (approx).
- Use of med to lrg Carrots (chopped).
- You need of Cilantro.
- Use of lrg Potato (chopped).
- You need of corn (cut in half) more if u like corn.
- Prepare of chayote (quartered).
- Get of med head of Cabbage (cored cut into wedges).
- Prepare of Serrano Peppers (sliced).
- Prepare of Celery (chopped).
- You need of Zucchini (chopped).
- Prepare of cumin.
- Prepare of oregano.
- You need of garlic (peeled and chopped).
- Provide of All vegetables should be peeled.
Instructions to make Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef):
- Cut the meat from the beef bones into about 1/2 inch pieces, leaving some on the bones. Heat a heavy soup pot over medium-high heat until very hot. Add the oil, tilting the pan to coat the bottom. Add the meat and bones, and season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until thoroughly browned..
- Add 1 onion and garlic and cook until lightly browned. Stir in the jalapeños and broth. The liquid should cover the bones by 1/2 inch. If not, add enough water to compensate. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 hour with the lid on loosely. If meat is not tender, continue cooking for another 10 minutes or so..
- Pour in the rest of the water, and return to a simmer. Add the carrot and 1/4 cup cilantro, and cook for 10 minutes, then stir in the rest of vegetables. Simmer until vegetables are tender. At this time taste and adjust flavor if needed. Once tender Push the cabbage wedges into the soup, and cook for about 10 more minutes..
If you find this Caldo de Res (Soup of Beef) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.