Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro. Moon Festival dinner with traditional home cooked Chinese Hakka dishes. Pork belly with taro is a famous Hakka cuisine. The marriage of tender pork belly.
A leaner Hakka Kau Yoke (Steamed Pork with Taro) using tender sirloin roast instead of pork belly. Much faster to cook and just as tasty. Alternating layers of pork belly and taro slices are fried and steamed in umami sauce is a Hakka delicacy treasured by many Chinese. You can cook Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro
- Prepare 400 g of Pork belly.
- Prepare of Taro / Yam.
- You need 1 cube of preserved red beancurd.
- Prepare 2 tsp of red beancurd sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of crystal sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need of Dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 pcs of star anise.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- It’s slices of Some ginger.
- You need of Some spring onion.
Pork belly is very much well-loved by many people in Asia, our family included. Every Chinese new year mom will prepare kau yuk and that was one of the dishes I. Home > Recipes > Cuisine > Chinese > Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro – 客家芋頭扣肉. Originating from Hakka, this traditional Chinese delicacy may seem to take a bit of time to prepare but it's easier than you think.
Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro step by step
- Soak the block pork belly in hot water with ginger and spring onion for 30 minutes. Remove and use a knife to scrap off white residue on the skin. Use a sharp object to poke many holes on the skin..
- Brush a layer of dark soy sauce on the whole block of meat. Cut the block meat into about 1cm thick each piece. Cut the taro as same size as the meat..
- Add 1tbsp oil in pan. Fry garlic till aromatic. Add in sauce mixture. Place pork meat in the mixture. You can marinate the meat with this sauce for 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- Place the marinated meat in a steaming plate. Place side by side 1pc meat and alternate 1pc taro. Pour in the marinade sauce..
- Steam for 90 minutes in low heat. Add water if necessary into the steaming pot. Garnish with spring onion and coriander on top and serve..
The simple trick to achieving that gorgeous bubbly crisp layer is to prick lots. Because the pork belly is served up-ended, The pork and taro are cooked in a braising liquid in a deep They are famous for making meals with stewing or braising method. My wife is a Hakka, and so I am very familiar with this recipe. Since the pork and taro are steam in the braising liquid, it is both! Steamed in a flavoursome sauce, this Hakka Pork Belly with Taro is a delicious popular dish in Malaysia.