Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen Will Save You Cash.
Until fairly recently any individual who indicated concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This should happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen more green.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, especially if they are not running as efficiently as they should. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions which might be more than ten years old. The correct temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electrical power and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F and 0F. You can cut down how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are lots of little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not that tough. It’s concerning being practical, most of the time.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to portuguese baked eggs recipe. You can have portuguese baked eggs using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 of green bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- Take 1 of yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- Use 4 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide 3 medium of tomatoes, chopped.
- You need 1 of handful leaves of spinach, chopped.
- Take 2 of or 3 jalapeños, each de-seeded and sliced into two halves.
- You need 6 of eggs.
- Use 1 tsp of paprika.
- Provide 1 pinch of dried basil.
- You need 1 pinch of oregano.
- Use 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- You need 1 of grated parmesan cheese.
- Get 1 dash of of pepper.
- Provide 1 of salt to taste.
Steps to make Portuguese Baked Eggs:
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the sliced bell peppers and onions to it. Sauté till they turn golden brown..
- Next add tomatoes, garlic, spinach and jalapeños to the pan and sauté till all the vegetables have reduced. (I was running short on jalapeños so I just used chilli instead).
- After the vegetables have reduced, add basil, oregano and paprika to them. You may season the vegetables with pepper too. Add salt to taste..
- Separate the jalapeños from the vegetable-mix..
- I used a pie plate here but a skillet works too. Spray Pam over the pie plate/skillet..
- Transfer the vegetable-mix to the plate and form 6 tiny wells with the help of a scoop or a spoon. In each well add a dollop of ricotta and an egg..
- Decorate as you would like to. I placed a few slices of tomato..
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each egg-well and cover the entire plate with a generous layer of grated Parmesan..
- Bake for 20-22 minutes for a little runny yolks and about 40 minutes for well-done eggs and a golden-crisp layer of Parmesan cheese, just the way I like it! Serve hot with some bread, toasted or not as you would like..
Add onion and capsicum and chorizo. Spoon a dollop of ricotta into each divot and then crack an egg into each. Sprinkle with the cheeses and season with salt and PEPPER. It's basically eggs that are baked or poached in a fragrant tomato sauce, usually with capsicum (bell peppers), onion and spices like cumin and paprika, reflecting the Middle Eastern and North African roots of this dish. It's actually quite similar to Huevos Ranchos – the Mexican version of Shakshuka!
If you find this Portuguese Baked Eggs recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.