Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthful.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. If you make smart choices when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with crowded grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and use what you already have. Fill your cupboards with nutritious foods. This makes it simple to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to quinoa enchilada casserole – slow cooker recipe. You can have quinoa enchilada casserole – slow cooker using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker:
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb. of ground turkey (or ground beef or ground chicken).
- Get 1 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Take 2 of bell peppers, diced.
- Use 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- Prepare 2 cans (10 oz.) of red enchilada sauce.
- You need 1 can (15 oz.) of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Take 1/2 cup of water or unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of chili powder.
- Provide 2 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Get 1 cup of shredded cheese of choice, divided.
Steps to make Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker:
- Grease a 6 quart size slow cooker liberally. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook and crumble it until it is no longer pink..
- Pour the cooked turkey into the slow cooker, then top it with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the cheese). Give it all a good stir..
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. When it's ready, the liquid should be absorbed and the quinoa should be tender. Taste it and add any additional seasonings you think it needs..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup over the top. Place the lid back on for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can switch to it while the cheese melts. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good..
This recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole is a one-pot meal (yay!). To make this recipe, I cook the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, all day in my slow cooker. Then when I get home, I shred the chicken, stir in corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir, add. Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa is like a healthier, deconstructed enchilada! Loaded with quinoa, veggies, and chicken, this throw and go recipe is GREAT for an easy, healthy, weeknight dinner!
If you find this Quinoa Enchilada Casserole – Slow Cooker recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.