Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
A lot of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and are to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that, when you eat them, could boost your mood. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to raise your production of serotonin. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that directs your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it you have, the more pleasant you are going to feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a terrific protein source.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cooking light's chili mac recipe. You can have cooking light's chili mac using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of green bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 1 lb of Trader Joe's Beefless Ground Beef.
- Get 1 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- You need 1/2 c of water.
- Provide 1 (8 oz) of can of tomato sauce, no salt added.
- Use 1 (15 oz) of can of diced tomatoes, no salt added.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of red beans, drained.
- Provide 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Provide 1 c of uncooked elbow macaroni.
- Use 1 1/2 c of frozen corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Use 1/2-1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- Take of Trader Joe's corn chips.
Instructions to make Cooking Light's Chili Mac:
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion in olive oil on medium heat until soft. Add green pepper and saute until soft. Add some water to saute and prevent scorching if needed. Also you may cover, stirring frequently to hasten cooking along..
- Add Beefless Ground Beef and garlic. Saute until heated through and slightly browned. Add 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes covered to combine flavors..
- Heat 1-2 quarts of water in a small saucepan to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Drain when cooked..
- Add canned tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, red beans, and tomato paste to Beefless beef mixture and stir to combine..
- Add elbow macaroni and corn. Stir to combine. Add chili powder, cumin and salt. You may add pepper if you prefer. I use Chimayo chile powder and recommend it if you can obtain it..
- Cook for 30 minutes simmering on low medium heat. Stir every 10 minutes to prevent scorching. Add 1/4 c of water if needed. The final result should not be very saucy..
- Serve in shallow bowls, top with cheddar cheese. Corn chips on the side. Use to scoop up chili mac or crumbled on top. Both are preferred methods in our house..
Chili mac is as retro a dish as it sounds. See more ideas about chili mac, cooking recipes, recipes. Slow Cooker Chili Mac is an easy comforting dish made right in your crockpot!! Uses simple ingredients right from your pantry! We had been making the Weight Watchers Chili Mac for awhile and this one was better. great mixture.
If you find this Cooking Light's Chili Mac recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.