Beef & carrot stew (slow cooker). Beef is the culinary name for meat from cattle, particularly skeletal muscle. Humans have been eating beef since prehistoric times. Beef is a source of protein and nutrients.
Set in a NY deli, BEEF revolves around People march in with a "beef" for Lou to solve with old-school advice, simple justice, or a fine cut of. Get The Pioneer Woman's best beef recipes. The beef is super tender and the glaze is quick to toss together. You can cook Beef & carrot stew (slow cooker) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef & carrot stew (slow cooker)
- It’s 2 pounds of beef cubes.
- Prepare 2 pounds of carrots, peeled and cut in 1" pieces.
- You need 2 of large celery sticks, coarsly chopped.
- It’s 1 of large red onions, coarsly chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 cup of carrot juice.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 4 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of unbleached flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh ground fenel seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dry thyme.
- It’s to taste of fresh ground black pepper.
A wide variety of beef tripe options are available to you, such as part, style. But beef has another opponent to contend with, and it's been here for centuries: bison. Similar to beef both nutritionally and in terms of flavor, buffalo meat is an alternative to the cow (incidentally. As America's Premier Beef Company, we provide our customers with comprehensive beef products and programs.
Beef & carrot stew (slow cooker) step by step
- Lay the carrots and celery at the bottom of the slow cooker. Cover with carrot juice and sprinkle with the herbs & black pepper..
- In a large fry pan, heat up 2 tablespoon of olive oil at medium/high and brown the beef cubes. Transfer to slow cooker..
- In the same fry pan, heat the leftover olive oil, lower heat to medium and cook the onions with the garlic 1 minute..
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for another minute stirring constantly..
- Add the beef broth and bring to boil. Stirr till thick and transfer to slow cooker..
- Set up the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours..
- Serve with mashed celeriac & potatoes and steamed green beans..