Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Climb stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, utilizing the stairs is a great way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the highest floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Most people will decide to be lazy and take an elevator instead of opting for exercise on the stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe. To cook brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips you need 21 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Get of For the elk.
- Use 4 lb of elk roast.
- Use 6 slices of bacon.
- Use 1 of LG sweet onion.
- Use 4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Use 12 of large basil leaves, chopped.
- You need of Around 10 cups beef stock.
- Use 1 bottle of good red wine, I use Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Use 2 cups of flour seasoned heavy w/ garlic salt, white pepper.
- You need of Also seasoned w/ onion powder, steak seasoning, & smoked paprika.
- Prepare of For the mash.
- Prepare 3 of LG parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- Take 1 of small head cauliflower, chopped.
- Use 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbs of butter.
- Take to taste of Sea salt and black pepper.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Provide of Other ingredients.
- Provide 1 loaf of sourdough french baguette.
- Provide of Creme fraiche.
- You need of Grated gruyere cheese.
Instructions to make Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips:
- Chop bacon and fry off in a LG frying pan. Remove to a LG dutch oven..
- Meanwhile, cut elk roast into 1 inch cubes. Remove all silver skin, fat, or tendon..
- Mix flour and seasonings in a LG bowl..
- Fry onion and garlic in the bacon grease until sweated and translucent. Do not brown..
- Add the onion, garlic, basil, beef stock, and wine to the Dutch oven and bring to a boil..
- Add oil to the bacon fat. Roll elk in flour. Knock off excess flour and fry in batches. Add to dutch oven when done. In between batches remove flour from pan and add a little oil..
- Simmer the mixture for 1 1/2 to 2 hours uncovered. Stir often. This should reduce and thicken up nicely..
- Meanwhile add parsnips and cauliflower to a saucepot. Just cover with water. Bring to a simmer and cook until just tender. Drain water. Add rest of parsnip ingredients and mash until smooth, but slightly chunky..
- When sauce thickens and elk is tender, slice baguette on a bias. Butter and slightly toast. Spread creme fraiche over baguette. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with elk and sauce. Serve parsnips on the side. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
This roasted cauliflower & parsnip mash is a flavorful and simple seasonal side dish. Heat milk in a large pot over medium heat until warmed and just under a boil. It's really freakin' good, but it's also fairly flat. It lacks the starchiness of mashed potatoes, it lacks the heft! In playing with alternative options I have found that parsnips and roasted garlic are the magic combination to take cauliflower mash to another level.
If you find this Brad's elk bourguignon w/ mashed cauliflower and parsnips recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.