Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. Some foods actually do boost your mood when you consume them. If you seem to be a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are wonderful for helping you battle depression. You need to see to it, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, especially the yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for raising your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Consume an egg and feel a lot happier!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Test out these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's pineapple chicken skewers recipe. You can have mike's pineapple chicken skewers using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers:
- Provide of Meats.
- Prepare 4 of Extra Large Boneless Chicken Breasts [fat trimmed].
- Provide of Vegetables & Fruits.
- Provide 4 large of Green Bell Peppers.
- Take 1 can of Pineapple Chunks.
- Use 2 large of Purple Onions.
- Take of Marinade.
- Use 1 can of 20 oz Dole Crushed Pineapples.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Teriyaki Sauce [your favorite brand].
- Provide 1 tbsp of Minced Ginger.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Get 1 of Bottle Teriyaki Miso Sauce [optional] [not to be mixed in marinade].
- You need of Optional Brine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Salt.
- Provide of Equipment.
- Take 1 gallon of Sized Ziplock Bag.
- Provide 1 of Pair Barbecue Tongs.
- You need 8 of Metal Skewers.
- Prepare 1 large of Bowl.
- Use 1 small of Pot.
- Provide 1 of Brush.
- You need of Serving Suggestions.
- You need 1 of Tortilla – Naan – Pita Breads [or bad of your choosing].
- You need 1 of White Rice.
Instructions to make Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers:
- TO BRINE CHICKEN: In a small pot, heat two cups water, salt and sugar until dissolved. Add some ice cubes to cool the mixture down. Pour in large bowl. Add chicken breasts. Add just enough cold water to cover breasts. Add four cups ice and mix up. Place in fridge to brine for five to six hours minimum or no longer than eight hours. You can also pre-cut your chicken into 1"x1" cubes and brine for 2 1/2 to 4 hours..
- Add everything in the Marinade section [except for the Teriyaki Miso Sauce] in a Ziplock bag and mix..
- Pull chicken from brine and place in marinade bag. Allow chicken to marinate for two hours or longer. Reserve marinade sauce for later use..
- Chop all vegetables in 1"x1" cubes. Cut chicken in 1"x1" cubes as well. Thread chicken on metal skewers starting and ending with chicken pieces. Thread vegetables and pineapple in between chicken pieces..
- OPTIONAL: Lightly brush constructed skewers with Teriyaki Miso Sauce. This sauce is optional since it does have a slightly bitter Miso taste to it. However, by adding the pineapple chunks, it negates the flavor almost entirely..
- Grill until fully cooked at 425° to 450°. Usually about 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn by turning skewers regularly. Serve with Tortillas, Naan bread or any other breads that you can place your chicken in..
- You can also bake these. I use a convection oven like the one pictured. If you choose to bake, add chicken chunks, vegetables and pineapples on a nonstick sheet or oven safe liner and bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Serve with white rice..
- Lastly, you can use your pineapple marinade to make a thick sauce to drizzle over rice. Do this by bringing marinade to a hard boil and adding 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with a small amount of water in a seperate bowl. Then, slowly add it to your simmering marinade. Simmer until sauce thickens to the consistency you desire.The longer it simmers the thicker your sauce will become..
The trick here is to marinate the chicken WAY ahead. Hawaiian chicken marinated in a pineapple and coconut marinade that infuses with tropical flavours and tenderises. Skewer them as pictured, or cook One bite of these Pineapple Coconut Hawaiian Chicken Skewers, and you'll be doing the hula dance, they're that good! Flip again and cook until brown to just I think this summer, I'm going to try to come up with as many ways to use a skewer as I can. I LOVE things on skewers: shrimp, chicken satay, chunks of.
If you find this Mike's Pineapple Chicken Skewers recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.