Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Elevate Your Mood.
A lot of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods really do improve your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Eggs, would you believe, are terrific for helping you battle depression. You need to see to it, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most important in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, the yolks especially, are rich in B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that dictate your mood–work better. Try eating an egg and cheer up!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes recipe. You can have mediterranean inspired chicken stew with olives, tomatoes & potatoes using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- You need of chicken pieces (I like bone-in, skin on).
- Use of salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of flour.
- Use of oil.
- Use of onion, cut into 1/2" wide slices.
- Provide of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Get of fresh tomatoes, cut into sixths.
- Provide of bay leaf.
- Provide of dried oregano (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh).
- You need of unsalted liquid (any combo of water, dry white wine, or chicken or veg stock).
- Provide of olives.
- Provide of olive brine.
- Provide of zest of half a lemon (optional).
- Take of lemon juice.
- Prepare of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5-inch cubes.
- Provide of chopped fresh parsley for finishing.
Steps to make Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes:
- Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper and then dust on both sides with the flour..
- Preheat pot to medium high, add oil, then brown chicken, 4 to 5 minutes a side, or until each side is golden brown. Remove chicken from pot and set aside..
- Add onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes until onion turns translucent. Then add tomatoes, bay, oregano, and lemon zest, give it a stir, and let the herbs bloom for a minute or so..
- Add the chicken back along with olives, olive brine, liquid (stock or water). Give it a gentle stir and adjust salt seasoning if needed. Turn heat down to medium, cover, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add potatoes and try to submerge them as under the liquid as much as you can. You might like to add another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of salt to lend a little extra seasoning for the potatoes. Simmer, with lid askew for another 20 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley (and maybe add a couple of lemon wedges for squeezing onto the chicken right before eating). Enjoy with your choice of pasta, rice, or crusty bread. :).
Mine is roasted chicken thighs or quarters with crispy chicken skin. Brown it on the stove, throw it in the oven, and (im)patiently wait for it to bake. Roasted chicken is a blank canvas for flavor, so after some brainstorming, I came up with Mediterranean Roasted Chicken Thighs with olives, tomatoes. Add the chicken and cook until it is heated through. Put the chicken on plates (over rice if desired), and spoon the sauce equally over the chicken.
If you find this Mediterranean Inspired Chicken Stew with Olives, Tomatoes & Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.