Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon meringue cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon meringue cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must stay away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this holds true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. Some foods really do improve your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Eggs, would you believe, are great for helping you combat depression. You should see to it, though, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The yolk is the most crucial part of the egg iwhen it comes to helping raise your mood. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are wonderful for helping to elevate your mood. This is because these vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Consume an egg and be happy!
You can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue cookies recipe. You can cook lemon meringue cookies using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lemon meringue cookies:
- You need of Meringue cookies.
- Get of egg whites.
- You need of super fine sugar.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Prepare of lemon curd.
- Get of the zest of one lemon.
- Prepare of fresh lemon juice.
- Use of butter.
- Use of eggs.
- Take of granulated sugar.
Steps to make Lemon meringue cookies:
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. If ANY yolk gets into the whites start over. Leave the whites out at room temp..
- While the eggs sit start the lemon curd. In a heavy bottom saucepan combine eggs, sugar, and lemon juice on medium heat..
- When the ingredients are combined add butter..
- Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cover and chill..
- To start the meringue beat the egg whites on medium until they form soft peaks..
- Slowly add sugar a couple tablespoons at a time. Increase mixing speed..
- Once all the sugar is incorporated add the lemon juice and continue to beat until stiff peaks form..
- The meringue is ready when the bowl can be flipped upside down, the meringue looks glossy, and no sugar granules can be felt..
- You may add color at this point if you wish. Transfer to a piping bag..
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicon mat or parchment. If you use parchment make sure you pipe a small amount of the meringue to the cookie sheet on each corner to glue it down..
- Pipe one circle, then pipe another circle around the first one leaving space in the middle. Think of a little cup to hold the curd. They can be quite close together as they do not rise..
- Place in the oven and leave for about an hour then turn off the oven and let them cool for another hour. Do not open the oven until the meringues are no longer shiny. At least 40 minutes..
- Once the meringues are done fill them with the lemon curd and they're done. Meringue can be made up to a week a head of time. Store in the refrigerator..
Lemon meringue pie is the inspiration for these cookies: crisp meringue buttons are sprinkled with gingersnap crumbs (the crust) and sandwiched around a vibrant lemon curd. The Lemon Meringue Cookies recipe out of our category pastry! Cheesecake and lemon meringue pie come together in this decadent lemon meringue cheesecake dessert that will impress all of your guests. These pretty and pink raspberry lemon meringue cookies are almost too pretty to eat; almost! You'll love how easy these raspberry cookies are to make!
If you find this Lemon meringue cookies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.