Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Lemon meringue cookies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Lemon meringue cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon meringue cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that actually can improve your moods when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, test out some of these.
Eggs, would you believe, are fantastic for helping you battle depression. Just be sure that you do not throw out the yolk. When you wish to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the yolks in particular, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can really help you elevate your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–work better. Eat an egg and feel a lot better!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon meringue cookies recipe. To cook lemon meringue cookies you only need 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lemon meringue cookies:
- Prepare of Meringue cookies.
- Provide 3 of egg whites.
- You need 3/4 cup of super fine sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Get of lemon curd.
- Provide 1 of the zest of one lemon.
- Take 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- Get 3 tbsp of butter.
- Get 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
Steps to make Lemon meringue cookies:
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Separate egg whites from the yolks. If ANY yolk gets into the whites start over. Leave the whites out at room temp..
- While the eggs sit start the lemon curd. In a heavy bottom saucepan combine eggs, sugar, and lemon juice on medium heat..
- When the ingredients are combined add butter..
- Whisk constantly until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cover and chill..
- To start the meringue beat the egg whites on medium until they form soft peaks..
- Slowly add sugar a couple tablespoons at a time. Increase mixing speed..
- Once all the sugar is incorporated add the lemon juice and continue to beat until stiff peaks form..
- The meringue is ready when the bowl can be flipped upside down, the meringue looks glossy, and no sugar granules can be felt..
- You may add color at this point if you wish. Transfer to a piping bag..
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicon mat or parchment. If you use parchment make sure you pipe a small amount of the meringue to the cookie sheet on each corner to glue it down..
- Pipe one circle, then pipe another circle around the first one leaving space in the middle. Think of a little cup to hold the curd. They can be quite close together as they do not rise..
- Place in the oven and leave for about an hour then turn off the oven and let them cool for another hour. Do not open the oven until the meringues are no longer shiny. At least 40 minutes..
- Once the meringues are done fill them with the lemon curd and they're done. Meringue can be made up to a week a head of time. Store in the refrigerator..
Lemon meringue pie is the inspiration for these cookies: crisp meringue buttons are sprinkled with gingersnap crumbs (the crust) and sandwiched around a vibrant lemon curd. The Lemon Meringue Cookies recipe out of our category pastry! Cheesecake and lemon meringue pie come together in this decadent lemon meringue cheesecake dessert that will impress all of your guests. These pretty and pink raspberry lemon meringue cookies are almost too pretty to eat; almost! You'll love how easy these raspberry cookies are to make!
If you find this Lemon meringue cookies recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.