Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes. Chef John's twice-baked sweet potatoes are loaded with bacon, scallions, jalapeno, and lime for the tastiest balance of sweet and savory. That's why I've enlisted bacon, lime, jalapeno, green onions, and sharp Cheddar to make these twice-baked sweet potatoes more addictive than in any. These twice-baked sweet potatoes from Food Network have cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger to make them twice as nice.
Russet potatoes are the best choice for making twice baked potatoes. Their shape and size works well for this purpose and one half of a stuffed Russet is a perfect single serving size (or eat two halves if you're really hungry!) The skins of Russet potatoes are also a little more sturdy than red potatoes or. Learn how to make Loaded Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes! You can cook Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- You need 2 of thick sweet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter; cubed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of salt and white pepper.
If you're looking for a show-stopping holiday side dish, this is it! If you're not looking for that, but. These twice baked sweet potatoes are a perfect balance of sweet and savory. They take the potatoes' natural sweetness and offset it with cozy, bright, and tangy flavors.
Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes step by step
- Cover each potato with oil. Wrap each potato in foil. Pierce several times with a fork to let steam escape..
- Bake at 350° for approximately one hour or until potatoes are fork tender..
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop the flesh from each potato and place in a mixing bowl..
- Add cream, sugar, butter, salt, and pepper to potato flesh and mash together. Stuff each potato shell with the puree..
- Bake at 400° for 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are hot..
- Garnish with anything!.
- Variations; Shallots, creme fresh, sour cream, rosemary, tarragon, chives, bacon, bourbon, maple.
Stuffed with a zesty broccoli salad and a luscious cashew cream, they're super fresh, healthy, and delicious. Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes from Barefoot Contessa. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and carefully scoop out some of the warm potato into a medium bowl with a teaspoon, leaving a ½-inch-thick shell of sweet potato. Scoop sweet-potato flesh out of skins and into a bowl (reserve skins).