Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. When our work day is complete, most people do not want to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Drink water, not alternative beverages. Soda and coffee, when used in moderation, aren’t that bad. It is, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Ingesting water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water intake.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook French Onion Soup:
- Prepare 8 of x Large white onions (Spanish).
- Provide 4 of x cloves garlic.
- Prepare 4 sprigs of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of x tablespoon Olive oil.
- Take 50 g of x Butter.
- Use 50 ml of x Brandy.
- Take 200 ml of x white wine.
- Prepare 1.5 L of x chicken stock.
- Take 1/2 of x baguette.
- Use 200 g of x grated gruyere cheese.
- Take of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Peel and finely slice the onions, remove the core and cut with the grain. Chop the garlic at this stage as well. Then pick the thyme leaves.
- Heat a large sauce pan, add olive oil, butter, seasoning and the onions, start on a high heat to get the browning process started. When the onions start to colour reduce the heat as you need to cook them long and slow to really caramelise them..
- When onions are a nice deep brown colour you add the brandy and flame if you like. Add the wine and then the chicken stock and allow to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If the level reduces too far you can top up with water..
- Slice baguette or bread roll to around 1 inch thickness, make sure the crouton will fit in the soup bowl, drizzle with olive oil and bake at 180c until nice and toasted..
- Taste soup and adjust the seasoning to your likening, ladle into your oven proof soup bowls, top with crouton and then cover with the grated gruyere cheese..
- Bake in the oven at 180c until the cheese is bubbling, then enjoy possibly the best soup ever? This images are taken from my youtube channel uncle matt's cookery lessons, feel free to pay me a visit there, here is a link to this videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec5_8hmCIy0&t=28s.
Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. This easy yet classic french onion soup recipe is the perfect comfort food for those colder months. If you're a fan of French onion soup and have made it at home before, you'll probably notice two things. French onion soup is a hearty dish made with the comforting flavors of onions, beef stock, bread and cheese.
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.