Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes. Some cooks may relegate sweet potatoes to only holiday casseroles and Thanksgiving side dishes, but these decadent spuds deserve a spot on your dinner table. Whether you call them stuffed, twice-baked, or loaded, the whole family is sure to enjoy these jazzed up sweet potatoes. Stuff the baked sweet potatoes with a layer of caramelized onions and diced, sautéed apples before sprinkling crispy bacon pieces and cheddar cheese on top.
This is nothing new since chili is pretty much the most classic baked potato topping other than butter, cheese, and sour cream. Use any kind of chili you like here. Keep it meatless with a vegetarian chili (like our yummy pumpkin chili) or make it meaty with classic or sweet potato chili (it's like sweet potato inception!). You can have Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes
- It’s 4 of med-large sweet potatoes.
- It’s 1 head of broccoli (cut into florrets).
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 15 oz of can small white beans.
- Prepare 3/4 c of water.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need of Optional: bbq chicken.
Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, concentrate, sugar, cream and butter on low speed until smooth. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Cut off a thin slice from top of each potato.
Baked Stuffed sweet potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 450. Poke holes with a fork all over sweet potatoes. Roast potatoes for 50-70 minutes. In the meantime, in a large skillet heat olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic, after about 30 seconds, add broccoli, red pepper flakes & kosher salt. Saute 5-7 minutes. Drain & rinse beans. In a blender add beans, water, 1/2 c shredded cheese, and kosher salt. Blend until well combined..
- Cut centers off from potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil (optional) and salt. Place cheese mixture, then broccoli then chicken (if using) then top with the rest of the cheese. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted..
On a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil, prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife and top with a pat of butter. Take the traditional baked potato and raise it up a few notches by swapping it out for a sweet potato and stuffing it with some great ingredients like bacon and sour cream. Roasting sweet potatoes in the oven brings out their natural flavor and sweetness. If you're busy and working all day, I also love making them in the crock pot, with this Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Recipe -just dump them in, set it and forget it.