Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to eat them. There are several foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, you may be amazed to discover, are terrific at battling depression. Just see to it that you do not throw out the yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, the egg yolk especially, are rich in B vitamins. These B vitamins are fantastic for helping to raise your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that dictate your mood. Try consuming a couple of eggs to feel better!
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Test out these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to canned sardines in tomato sauce with quick pickled red onions recipe. To cook canned sardines in tomato sauce with quick pickled red onions you only need 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of can sardines in tomato sauce.
- Provide 1 of medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/8" thick) horizontally (against the grain).
- Get 1.5 cups of boiling water.
- Get 1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt (1 in the beginning, and then 1/2 later).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of fresh lime or lemon juice.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro, parsley, or chives.
Steps to make Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions:
- Pour the boiling water over the sliced onions, add 1 teaspoonful kosher salt, stir to mix, and let the onions sit for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Drain all the excess liquid and add the rest of the salt (1/2 teaspoon) and lime juice and gently massage as you toss. This will help bring out that beautiful jewel tone of the red onion..
- Chill onions for 15 to 20 minutes before serving if you can..
- Plate sardines, put some onions on top, and sprinkle with your chopped fresh herbs..
If you find this Canned Sardines in Tomato Sauce with Quick Pickled Red Onions recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.